WordPress 4.5 will be released in a few weeks, and we’ve made updates to Jetpack to account for the significant changes that will be introduced in this new version of WordPress.
These updates have involved making sure that certain Jetpack features work properly in the Customizer view, namely adding support for selective refresh. Big thanks to @westonruter for contributing the code!
Other enhancements and bug fixes:
- Contact Form: no longer calling the datepicker method if it’s not available.
- Single Sign On: settings checkboxes now honor filters and constants that restrict certain sign-in modes.
- Shortcodes: fixed a problem with Gist fetching.
- Shortcodes: fixed invalid HTML5 markup in YouTube embed code.
- Shortcodes: made Vimeo links work properly in case of multiple mixed uses in one post.
Thanks to everyone who contributed to 3.9.5:
Christopher Finke, Derek Smart, Elio Rivero, Igor Zinovyev, Jeremy Herve, Matt Wiebe, Michael Cain, Miguel Lezama, Mo Jangda, Philip John, Tammie Lister, and Weston Ruter.
Jetpack 3.9.6 was also released today to fix an issue with some comments incorrectly rendering video embeds. Our apologies! Consider it an early April Fools’ Day joke…
Explore the benefits of Jetpack plans
Compare plans in detail to see how Jetpack can help you design, market, and secure your WordPress site.Compare plans