Jetpack 6.1.1 is now available for download and includes more privacy and consent tools to ensure your site is GDPR compliant. We’re also shipping a few small fixes in this release, including a fix for secondary languages (for example, English or Spanish variations) with the Likes feature.
We highly recommend that you update your sites to the latest version.
Here’s what’s new in this release:
Cookies & Consents Banner widget updates
We also added a new setting letting you control the expiration date of the consent banner, plus a new filter
jetpack_disable_eu_cookie_law_widget that will disable the banner entirely.
New warning in EU Cookie Law widget
A new warning is displayed while configuring an instance of the EU Cookie Law widget:
Caution: The default policy URL only covers cookies set by Jetpack. If you’re running other plugins, custom cookies, or third-party tracking technologies, you should create and link to your own cookie statement.
Feedback data storage change
We added Feedback data (i.e., Contact Form submissions) to the personal data exported and/or erased by the latest version of WordPress core.
Miscellaneous fixes and updates
Here are a few final fixes to be aware of:
- WordAds: We don’t show Ads unless the visitor is on the main query within the loop.
- Likes: We fixed a bug that resulted in an alert box showing for sites set to languages deriving from main ones.
- Lazy Loading Images: Fixed a bug where images would disappear when scrolling.
- Sharing: Added a check for validating the Akismet key before allowing sharing by email.
- WooCommerce Analytics: Fixed PHP warning when attempting to get a list of plugins.
Update to 6.1.1 now
As always, the full changelog has more details on this update, and we’re happy to answer questions you may have via our support channels.
Install Jetpack on your site or update to 6.1.1 now!
A big thank you to everyone who contributed to this release: Alex Kirk, Anthony Bubel, Anthony Garand, Brandon Kraft, Enej Bajgoric, Eric Binnion, Igor Zinovyev, James Huff, James Nylen, Jason Caldwell, Jeff Bowen, Jeremy Herve, Mikael Korpela, Mike Jolley, and RC Lations.