Another wave of blocks built for the new WordPress editor is here! Along with a streamlined admin page, Jetpack 6.9 is a serious upgrade to your website building and management tools.
This release introduces four new blocks. Let’s see them in action!
Put a subscription block into any post or page so readers can subscribe to your site whenever the mood strikes them. You’ll see the Subscription block as an option in the block editor if the Subscriptions feature is active on your site.
Related Posts Block
Guiding readers to related content they might enjoy is a great way to keep them on your site. With a block, you can add Related Posts anywhere on your posts and pages — not just at the bottom.
Tiled Gallery Block
Tiled galleries give any group of images a magazine-worthy layout, and now their graphic design pop comes in block form.
You’ll now spot a new Jetpack icon at the top right of your block editor. Click on the icon and you will access the post’s shortlink, that you can copy and use when sharing your posts. You will also find your Publicize options there.
We’ve made changes to several common admin pages that will have a big impact for both new and existing Jetpack users. It impacts multiple screens and flows:
- You will notice changes when heading to Jetpack > Dashboard right after activating the plugin.
- You will notice a new card when coming back to your dashboard right after connecting the plugin to your WordPress.com account.
- You will notice some changes in the modals that are displayed in the Jetpack dashboard when coming back to your site after purchasing a plan.
- You will find a new “My Plan” section in the Jetpack dashboard.
- The sections and cards under Jetpack > Settings were also reorganized.
- We’ve starting working on improving the different notices that are displayed to you when changing settings.
- We’ve updated the message displayed to users who have not linked their own WordPress.com account on a site that is already using Jetpack.
A big thank you to everyone who contributed to this release:
Alex Kirk, Allan Cole, Antal Tony Tettinger, Artur Piszek, Ben Dwyer, Ben Lowery, Bernie Reiter, Brandon Kraft, Christopher Finke, Daniel Walmsley, Derek Smart, Elio Rivero, Enej Bajgoric, Filipe Varela, George Stephanis, Greg Ichneumon Brown, Ian Jenkins, Igor Zinovyev, Jarda Snajdr, Jacopo Tomasone, Jeff Golenski, Jefferson Rabb, Jeremy Herve, Joan Rho, Jon Surrell, Jorge Leandro Perez, Joshua Flowers, Justin Shreve, Kerry Liu, Marin Atanasov, Mark George, Markus Dobmann, Martin K., Michael Arestad, Michael D Adams, Michael Turk, Miguel Torres, Mikael Korpela, Osk, Peter Westwood, Robert Elliott, Rocco Tripaldi, Rodrigo Iloro, Steven Lin, Thomas Guillot, Veselin Nikolov, Weston Ruter, and Yaroslav Kukharuk.