In the latest update to Jetpack, we have some exciting new features to share with you including integration of Google services and products, adding VideoPress to our list of modules, and the ability to embed your Facebook updates into your blog posts. Let’s take a closer look at each of these new features!
We’ve added a number of great features from Google in Jetpack 2.5:
- Post Comments using your Google+ Account. Added the option to comment using your Google+ account when using Jetpack Comments on your site.
- Connect to your Google+ Profile. This helps Google understand who created certain pages and may be used to help increase the accuracy of search results, and improve the appearance of your pages in Google’s results pages.
- Share to Google+ Button. The official button for Google+ is now a sharing button in your Sharing options.
- Embedding Google Content. You can now embed Google Calendars, Google Documents, and Google Maps directly into your posts and pages.
For more details and instructions on how to set up these various Google features, please see our Google Integration support page!
We’re excited to announce that VideoPress has been added as a module to Jetpack! Previously a standalone plugin, we’ve now integrated VideoPress so you can upload, manage, and browse your videos through the Media -> VideoPress link on your site’s dashboard or through the Add Media button on your Post/Page editor.
Head over to our VideoPress support doc to find out more!
Embedding a Facebook update is now as easy as pasting the update’s URL on its own line.
Unlike the Facebook Like Box, which can display a page feed in your sidebar, Facebook embeds allows you to display any individual update from a public Facebook timeline in a blog post or post comment, complete with:
- The update’s text.
- Action buttons allowing readers to like, comment on, and share the update without leaving your site.
- A media preview of images or videos in or linked in the update.
- Links back to the Facebook page or profile.
Want to see how easy it is? Here’s an example of the shortcode you would use to embed your own Facebook update (from the Jetpack Facebook Page):
Here’s what the result would look like on your post!
Want to know more? Take a look at our Facebook Embeds support doc for more details and instructions on how to add your status updates to your next blog post!
For a full changelog of these updates, please visit http://wordpress.org/plugins/jetpack/changelog/
Explore the benefits of Jetpack
Learn how Jetpack can help you protect, speed up, and grow your WordPress site.
Get up to 20% off your first year.Compare plans