Howdy, Jetpack Community!
We’ve just released v2.3.1 to the plugins repository. This is both a security release, and fixes a number of minor bugs that we’ve found in the past few weeks.
The security aspect related to a missing capability check that permitted a non-intuitive, but feasible method for authenticated users to activate modules, but not to view or change any configurations. We added in the proper checks to ensure that this never happens in the future, and are currently looking at retooling the administrative UI for the next release.
Other changes include:
- Comments: We added in some additional classes to the comment form markup to mirror the upcoming changes in core.
- Debug: We improved the test results output by making the error messages clearer and more succinct.
- Likes: We fixed a static warning, and added some styling if you’ve got MP6 enabled.
- Omnisearch: We fixed a couple strict warnings from newer versions of PHP, delayed the inclusion and declaration of providers until admin_init, and made it easier to search custom post types.
- Sharing: We applied a couple of layout patches including: updating the Pinterest element width when necessary, adjusting length to better fit tweets, and migrating the LinkedIn button to their official sharing link.
- Social Links: We refactored the class for a more consistent codebase.
- Twitter Timeline Widget: We started applying some better data validation for the widget dimensions.
- We added a
MINUTE_IN_SECONDSand related constants for backward compatability with WordPress 3.4
As always, please let us know if you have any issues cropping up, so that we can quickly deal with them!
Explore the benefits of Jetpack
Learn how Jetpack can help you protect, speed up, and grow your WordPress site.
Get up to 50% off your first year.Compare plans
Question is, what do we have to do to make it WORK???
To make what work?
Delete the Smiley outcoming of the statistic,please
In the Jetpack Stats configuration page at
/wp-admin/admin.php?page=jetpack&configure=statsthere’s a check-box you can select, to hide the smiley face.
It’s been around since version 1.2. 🙂
Where can I get help with Jetpack’s subscriber plugin? I’m getting an error message when people try to subscribe.
Try posting on our support form here, or contacting us directly.
Thank you so much! I just contacted directly.
I’m using 2.3.1 and just today (could have been earlier but someone told me today) I’m getting this error when trying to subscribe to my blog via email using Jetpack widget: “There was an error when subscribing, please try again.” Any suggestions? I’ve been googling this and find a lot of people having this issue or have in the past but no posts on how to correct it.
Hi, thanks for the report. The fix for this is to code on WordPress.com; we’ll be fixing it ASAP. Thanks!
You mention the fix is to code on WordPress.com. Please note I use WordPress.org and that’s where my error is occurring. Thanks.
Yup! Jetpack works by connecting to WordPress.com servers, to let us use some of our cloud computing power to provide additional functionality to your WordPress.org hosted site. It’s just a fix that’s done on our servers, instead of yours, so you shouldn’t need to do any update, it should just start working again. 🙂