A free WordPress theme by Jetpack
AltoFocus’ elegant tiles helps artists, photobloggers, and other creatives showcase their talents. The grid automatically shifts and re-forms to accommodate new posts, creating an ever-changing collage of your creativity that draws visitors in while remaining clean and easy to navigate.
You’ll immediately notice AltoFocus’ prominent featured images: on single posts, they’re placed above your post’s title and content. After you select a featured image, it will be displayed at a maximum of 1200px wide or 900px tall, images of any orientation style will fit into the layout.
AltoFocus beautifully responds to not only single-image posts but also full galleries. If you would prefer to forego a single featured image above your post and use this space to showcase an entire set of photos, insert a gallery into your post and select the “Slideshow” display option — we’ll take care of the rest.
AltoFocus displays a social links menu in the footer that uses icons to help readers to connect your social media profiles on sites like Twitter and Facebook.
Set Up a Social Links Menu
- Create a new Custom Menu, and assign it to the Social Links Menu location.
- Add links to each of your social media services using the Links panel.
- Icons for your social links will automatically appear in the footer.
Linking to any of the following sites will automatically display its icon in your menu.
- Email (
- RSS Feed (urls with
AltoFocus comes with one widget area below single posts and archives. It displays widgets in a single column that stretches to fill the content area. The widget area will only be displayed when you place widgets in them, so you can hide the widget area by removing all widgets.
Include a site logo by going to Customize → Site Identity and uploading a logo image. The logo will appear next to your site title in the header. It can be any size or orientation, but will display at a maximum height of 100 px.
Featured Content posts appear in the post grid, but with a few extra touches to help them grab more attention: they’ll display at at larger size, and hovering over them will highlight them with color.
To set up the Featured Content area:
- Navigate to Customize → Featured Content.
- Choose a word to use as your Featured Content tag and add it in the text field. We suggest using a lowercase, single word, like featured.
- Make sure the «Display tag content in all listings» box is ticked.
- Click the Publish button to save changes.
- Create at least a few posts. For each post you’d like to feature, use the Tags & Categories area of the editor to add the tag you chose under Customize → Featured Content.
- Add a featured image to each post you’re featuring.
Quick Specs (all measurements in pixels):
- The main content column width is
- The maximum width of single post featured images is
Using AltoFocus On Your Site
This theme is free to use on any WordPress site running Jetpack.