A free WordPress theme by Jetpack
Dyad 2 displays words and images in perfect balance: a post’s featured image and text excerpt get equal billing on the main blog page, while single posts and pages size and position images dynamically, depending on the screen size. The homepage shows a Featured Content slider, that will display up to 6 posts, with a large Featured Image.
Featured Content Slider
To set up the Featured Content area:
- Ensure that your front page is set to display the latest posts, by going to My Site → Customize → Homepage Settings.
- Still in the Customizer, open the Featured Content panel.
- Choose a word to use as your Featured Content tag and add it in the text field. We suggest using a lowercase, single word, like featured.
- Click the Publish button to save changes.
- Create at least a few posts. For each post you’d like to feature, use the Tags & Categories area of the editor to add the tag you chose under Customize → Featured Content.
- Add a featured image to each post you’re featuring. Images works best in the slider if they’re at least 1800px wide by 1280px high.
Alternate Header Images
If no posts have the Featured Content tag that you set in the Customizer, Dyad 2 will display your tagline over the Custom Header Image if one was uploaded. A Custom Header Image can be uploaded by going to Customize → Header Image.
Static Front Page Header Images
If the site is using a Static Front Page, the theme will display that page’s Featured Image in the header area. If one is not assigned, the theme will fall back to the Featured Content slider. If no posts have the Featured Content tag, the Custom Header Image will be displayed on the Front Page instead.
The standard post format shows the Featured Image on the left and the main content on the right. The image Post Format displays the Featured Image at full width, above the post content.
Dyad 2 supports two Custom Menus — one in the header area for site navigation, and the other in the footer area for links to social media profiles, known as the Social Links Menu. You can add links to your social media profiles and Dyad 2 will turn those links into social media icons.
The following social media icons are supported on Dyad 2‘s social links menu.
- Email (
- RSS Feed (urls with
Dyad 2 has one dynamic widget area in the footer that will display in up to four columns depending on how many widgets are added.
Dyad 2 comes with a special CSS style for buttons. You can add the button class to your links in the HTML Editor or a Text Widget to create “call to action” buttons:
<a href="https://dyad2demo.wordpress.com/" class="button">Button</a>
Quick Specs (all measurements in pixels)
- The main column width is up to
- The recommended Featured Image size is at least
1280. The theme will scale and crop the images depending on the page and device size.
- The recommended Custom Header Image size is at least
- The Site Logo displays up
Using Dyad 2 On Your Site
This theme is free to use on any WordPress site running Jetpack.