A free WordPress theme by Jetpack
Quadrat (White) is a simple, versatile WordPress theme, designed for blogs and podcasts. It is inspired by squared shapes and colourful, minimalist flat illustrations. Quadrat (White)’s default styles are bold and playful, relying on a simple serif font and a strong color scheme that you can customize.
We’re here to help you succeed online
We know starting from scratch can be daunting, so we included step-by-step instructions to help you build an attractive website. If you’d like to skip right to a specific section, click on the relevant link:
You can set your home page to be a static page, or display your latest posts.
- From your site’s dashboard, use the left-hand menu to navigate to Appearance→ Customize. Inside the customizer, click on the Homepage Settings tab.
- Under the “Your homepage displays” section, select “A static page”.
- Select an existing page to use as your homepage, or select “Add a new page” to create a new one.
- Click the Save Changes button on top.
This theme allows you to select from preset palettes that work well with the theme, or choose your own custom palette. Follow these steps to change your site’s colors:
1. From your site’s dashboard, use the left-hand menu to navigate to Appearance→ Customize. Inside the customizer, click on the Colors tab.
2. Select a custom Primary, Secondary, and / or Background color, and preview the changes live in the browser. You can also select from a predefined color scheme.
3. Click the Save Changes button.
This theme also allows you to change the body and heading fonts across your site:
1. From your site’s dashboard, use the left-hand menu to navigate to Appearance→ Customize. Inside the customizer, click on the Fonts tab.
2. From this panel, you can choose a custom Body font and / or Heading font from a set of pre-determined fonts.
3. Click the Save Changes button.
This theme includes nine Block Patterns.
To access these, open any post or page in the WordPress Editor. Then:
1. Click the + button to add a new block at the top of the screen (click “Browse all” if you’ve clicked + from inside the post)
2. Click on the Patterns tab. Select Quadrat (White) from the dropdown.
3. Click on the pattern you wish to insert and the pattern is inserted in the document at the location of your cursor.
Once you insert a Block Pattern, the blocks can be edited and customized just like any other blocks.
If your site has a logo, you can display it in your site’s header. Here’s how:
- From your site’s dashboard, use the left-hand menu to navigate to Appearance→ Customize. Inside the customizer, click on the Site Identity tab.
- Click the Add logo button to open the Media Manager.
- Upload a new image, or select one that’s already in your Media Library.
- Click Set as logo and you’ll see your logo appear in the preview.
- If your logo includes your site’s name or you prefer the header only to display your logo, you can hide the site title by unchecking the box next to Display Site Title.
- Click the Save Changes button on top to save your changes.
Your logo will appear to the left of the site title on desktop computers, and above the Site Title on mobile devices.
To use Quadrat (White) on your self-hosted site, download and install both Quadrat (White) and Blockbase from the links below, and activate Quadrat (White):
Quick Specs (all measurements in pixels):
- The main column width is 664px.
- The wide width is 1128px.
Using Quadrat White On Your Site
This theme is free to use on any WordPress site running Jetpack.