A free WordPress theme by Jetpack
Bring some balance back to your website withRebalance, a simple portfolio theme for photographers, artists, and graphic designers with a clean look and large-format images perfect for displaying artwork and photography. Its layout and fonts are responsive, so your site’s legible and stylish no matter the size of the screen. And it includes six accent colors options and supports site logos, so it’s easy to add a personal touch.
Choose this WordPress portfolio theme to build a new online home for your top projects. This website template is the perfect starting point for art directors, illustrators, website designers, and all sorts of independent artists. The ability to add a custom header image and a sitewide logo (not shown in theme demo) provides an opportunity for extra personalization.
If your current portfolio website feels cluttered and outdated, you’ll love the way Rebalance gives your creativity room to breathe. Start building your design portfolio with this flexible and free WordPress theme!
Featured Images are important in Rebalance. Featured images appear in several places, including archive pages, the portfolio page template, and the homepage, so don’t forget to add one that’s at least 1200px wide for every post or project!
The Featured Content area displays selected portfolio projects, and is displayed above posts on the homepage and above projects on the Portfolio page template.
To set up the Featured Content area:
- Navigate to Customize → Featured Content.
- Choose a word to use as your Featured Content tag and add it in the text field. We suggest using a lowercase, single word, like featured.
- Click the Publish button to save changes.
- Create at least a few portfolio projects. For each project you’d like to feature, use the Tags & Categories area of the editor to add the tag you chose under Customize → Featured Content.
- Add a featured image that’s at least 1200px wide to each project you’re featuring.
Rebalance takes advantage of the Portfolio feature on WordPress.com, offering unique layouts and organization for your portfolio projects. Learn how to enable and set up this exciting Portfolio feature.
People love seeing full-size images of your work, so make sure the images you include are at least 1200px wide. Rebalance displays these images at nearly full width on larger screens.
Portfolio Page Template
This template will display your portfolio and allow you to set your portfolio as the site’s front page.
When you first activate Rebalance, you’ll see your posts laid out in a grid. If you’d like to use the portfolio page template as the front page of your site which displays your projects, it’s simple to configure:
- Create or edit a page, and assign it to the Portfolio Page Template from the Page Attributes module.
- Go to Settings → Reading and set “Front page displays” to “A static page”.
- Select the page you just assigned the Portfolio Page Template to as “Front page” and set another page as the “Posts page” to display your blog posts.
Where is the Portfolio archive page?
Along with the Portfolio Page Template, your projects will be displayed on portfolio archive pages.
Let’s say you have a WordPress.com site at:
The URL of the Portfolio archive page will be:
If you’d like to add your portfolio archive page to your a Custom Menu, create a custom link using the portfolio archive URL.
You can customize the portfolio archive page by changing the title, adding some content, and uploading a featured image. To do so, go to Customize → Portfolio.
Include a site logo by going to Customize → Site Title and uploading a logo image in the space provided. The logo will appear next to your site title in the header. It can be any size, but will display at a maximum height of 80 px.
Rebalance allows you to create a social links menu to connect your readers to your social media profiles, like Twitter and Facebook, using icons.
Set Up a Social Links Menu
- Create a new Custom Menu, and assign it to the Social Links Menu location.
- Add links to each of your social services using the Links panel.
- Icons for your social links will automatically appear in the footer.
Linking to any of the following sites will automatically display its icon in your menu.
- Email (
- RSS Feed (urls with
Rebalance includes one Custom Menu in the header, which can be configured by going to Appearance → Menus:
Rebalance offers one widget area which can be configured at Customize → Widgets. Widgets will appear in the footer of your site.
Custom Header Image
You can also add a Custom Header Image to give Rebalance a much more personalized look and feel.
Rebalance has six built in color schemes to choose from including pastel teal and bright red; tan and bordeaux red; orange and dusk grey; and mint green and charcoal.
Quick Specs (all measurements in pixels):
- The main column width is flexible and roughly
- Featured images on single posts and single projects break outside of the main column and are
- Custom header image should be at least
- The sidebar is also flexible and each widget is roughly
- The site logo appears at an unlimited maximum width and a maximum height of
Using Rebalance On Your Site
This theme is free to use on any WordPress site running Jetpack.