XML Sitemaps for WordPress Sites
Make sure that Google and other search engines can understand your site.
What is a sitemap and why do I need it?
Sitemaps are like a table of contents for your site written in a special language (XML) that is understandable by search engines like Google and Bing.
Having an XML sitemap is not necessary for search engines to discover and index your site but it helps ensure that they’re indexing it and understanding correctly.
It is entirely possible (and reasonably easy for a savvy website owner) to produce a sitemap manually, but automating the process has the following benefits:
- However careful we are, manual work is always error-prone.
- Automatically updated to reflect new content or changes to your WordPress site structure.
- Creating a sitemap manually, frankly, is rather boring.
Jetpack automatically creates an XML sitemap for your WordPress site as well as one tailored specifically for Google News.
- Generate a sitemap listing all your public posts and pages.
- Generate a News sitemap built specifically for Google News.
- Supports Google, Yahoo!, Bing, Ask.com, and others.
- Optionally add new Custom Post Type to the default Sitemap.
- Automatically turns off if another sitemap plugin is in use.
Part of Jetpack’s suite of traffic tools for WordPress sites including stats, sharing, automatic promotion, related posts, and more.
Frequently Answered Questions
Answers to common questions we get asked. We’d be more than happy to answer any additional questions you may have!
How much do XML sitemaps cost?
XML sitemaps are provided for free to all WordPress sites running Jetpack.
How do I turn it on?
Simply install Jetpack and enable it with one click from your Jetpack dashboard. For advanced settings and trouble-shooting read our detailed support document.
Whatever sort of site you’re running, Jetpack is designed to keep your site protected and blazing fast.
Don’t have Jetpack?
If you don’t currently have Jetpack, install it now so you can begin taking advantage of free features like our CDN, downtime monitoring, and brute force attack protection. Installation is totally free and just takes a few minutes.Install Jetpack
Still undecided about upgrading?
Visit our pricing page and check out how we can secure your site or help you better reach your audience. If you are dissatisfied for any reason, we offer full refunds within 14 days for yearly plans, and within 7 days for monthly plans.Compare Plans