Security and Backup Services for WordPress Sites
Keep your site safe, secure, constantly backed up, and free from intruders.
Should I worry about security?
Yes. But you shouldn’t have to.
Unfortunately, all websites are targets for hackers and spammers — the more popular your website becomes, the more important it is for you keep your site and content safe. And its not just malicious attacks that are a concern; accidents happen to the best of us, and any hosting companies or developers can experience downtime or infiltrations.
Website security can be hard, especially if you’re not an expert, which is why Jetpack provides an entire suite of one-click simple security services.
The best part? We’ll auto-configure everything for you, and most features need a single click to turn on.
What Jetpack security services do for your site:
- Prevent brute force attacks from botnets and hackers.
- Monitor your site for downtime and notifies you accordingly.
- Provide secure authentication via WordPress.com accounts.
- Keep plugins automatically updated and allows bulk management.
- See all your site’s activity outlined in an organized, chronological list of events.
- Back up your entire site to a secure, off-site location. PAID
- Restore your site with 1-click and easy site migration. PAID
- Scan for malware and infiltrations and helps you fix them. PAID
- Give you access to expert priority support from our Happiness Engineering team. PAID
- Automatically filter comment and pingback spam. PAID
Get all the features you need
Learn more about each of Jetpack’s security services:
- Brute force attack protection We automatically block attempts to access your site from millions of known malicious attackers.
- Downtime monitoring If your site goes down, we’ll let you know instantly. When it’s back up, we’ll let you know how long the outage was.
- Secure authentication Make sure anyone accessing your site is protected by WordPress.com secure logins.
- Automatic plugin updates Keeping plugins up to date is good security practice. Jetpack does it for you.
- Site backups Every bit and byte of your site is backed up safely to an off-site location.
- Site restores and migrations Restore or migrate your site with a few clicks.
- Security scanning Automatic scanning of all your site code to detect malicious code changes.
- Activity Keep an eye on the big picture of your site and see all your activity outlined in an organized, readable way.
- Expert priority support If you’re stuck, we’ll help you (or your developers) fix any security threat we detect.
- Spam filtering We’ll make sure no questionable content or comments are published on your site.
- Security Library A constantly updated library of known security issues we automatically scan for.
Frequently asked questions
Here are the answers to some common questions. And we’re always more than happy to answer any additional questions you may have.
Will the free services always be free?
Yes. All Jetpack services that are currently offered for free will always be offered for free.
Why should I choose Jetpack?
While there are many plugins that offer similar services, customers love Jetpack because they get everything needed in a single bundle — rather than multiple plugins by different authors. It’s also brought to you by Automattic, one of the most trusted names in WordPress, who manages millions of WordPress sites on WordPress.com.
Can I get a refund if I’m not happy?
If — for any reason — you’re not satisfied with our services, we will issue a full refund within 30 days. No questions asked.
Doesn’t my host provide backups and security?
Most likely. Most hosting companies provide backup services (if yours does not, we recommend finding one that does!). But if your site is important to you, represents your brand, or directly generates revenue, it’s never a good idea to rely on a single backup provider.
Jetpack provides a dependable — and WordPress-optimized — backup solution that’s independent of your hosting provider and always available when you need it.
Whatever sort of site you’re running, Jetpack’s features are designed to keep your site secure, build your brand, and better engage with more readers.
Don’t have Jetpack?
If you don’t currently have Jetpack, install it now so you can begin taking advantage of our features. Installation is easy and free -- you do not need a paid subscription.Install Jetpack
Still undecided about paid plans?
Visit our plans page and explore your options if you are still not sure. Keep in mind that you are guaranteed a full refund within 30 days if you are dissatisfied for any reason.Compare Plans