For more efficient video performance, videos hosted via Jetpack VideoPress use WordPress.com’s servers rather than your host’s server.
There are a few ways to upload videos into Jetpack VideoPress:
- Upload via the VideoPress Dashboard
- Upload via WordPress.com
- Upload via WP Admin Media Library
- Upload via VideoPress Block
We generally recommend uploading via the VideoPress Dashboard or WordPress.com. This should ensure that no hosting upload limits or site upload limits come into play while uploading your videos.
Note that only connected users with administrator roles can upload videos to a VideoPress-powered site, and all admins can view all the uploaded videos on the site’s media library irrespective of which admin uploads the video.
Uploading a Video via the VideoPress Dashboard
To upload a video to Jetpack VideoPress via the Dashboard:
- Go to your site’s WP Admin
- Go to Jetpack → VideoPress
- From the dashboard click Add new video. You can upload a video directly from your computer, once uploaded, Jetpack will begin processing the video.
Uploading a Video via WordPress.com
To upload a video to Jetpack VideoPress via WordPress.com:
- Go to WordPress.com.
- In the top-left corner, click Switch Site and select the Jetpack-connected site you want to upload videos to.
- Go to Media.
- Click Add new and find the file on your computer. Alternatively, you can drag and drop your new video from your computer into the Media Library.
- Next, go to your WP Admin → Jetpack → VideoPress, and you’ll be able to see the videos that you’ve uploaded and ones that are still processing.
Uploading a Video via the VideoPress Block
To upload a video to Jetpack VideoPress via the VideoPress Block:
- Go to an existing post or page or create a new one.
- Wherever you want to add your video, click on the Add Block button and search or select VideoPress
- The block will appear allowing you the options of Upload, Media Library, or Insert from URL. You’ll be selecting Upload.
- When you select the video you want to upload, it will appear within the block as it uploads. Here you’ll be able to change your video Title and choose a Thumbnail for your video.
- You’ll see the notification at the bottom of the VideoPress block letting you know the upload has completed. If you click Done you may see that the video is still being converted for optimal playback:
- Once the conversion is complete, your video will appear in your post or page. You can then find the video in your Jetpack VideoPress dashboard by going to WP Admin → Jetpack → VideoPress.
Uploading a Video via WP Admin Media Library
To upload a video to Jetpack VideoPress via the WP Admin:
- Go to your site’s WP Admin.
- Go to Media → Library.
- From the Media Library, you can drag and drop the video file from your computer into the media library or use the Add New button at the top. Once uploaded, Jetpack will begin processing the video.
- Once the video uploads, head back to your VideoPress dashboard by going to WP Admin → Jetpack → VideoPress. Below your video gallery you will see a section called Local Videos.
- Here you will see a list of videos that you have uploaded via WP Admin. When you hover over these video files the option to Upload to VideoPress will appear, click the button. Above, you’ll begin to see your videos processing.
Still need help?
Please contact support directly. We’re happy to lend a hand and answer any other questions that you may have.