All videos come with stats tracking, which can be viewed within your WP Admin or via WordPress.com Jetpack Stats.
Viewing Jetpack VideoPress Stats via WP Admin
You can access your video stats directly from your WP Admin:
- Go to your WP Admin.
- Then, go to Jetpack → Stats.
- Click Traffic.
- Scroll down to the Videos section.
At a glance, you will see your most popular videos along with the respective numbers of views.
By default, you will find your daily stats for today. However, you can change the timeframe of the report by following these steps:
- Scroll up to the top of the page.
- Locate the section showing the current date (right below the 7-day highlights).
- Use the Days, Weeks, Month, and Years buttons to switch between different period lengths.
- Navigate using the arrows or click the period on the chart you are interested in.
Once you have selected the period, you can access complete video stats for that period by clicking View all. This view will show you a table detailing the Impressions, Hours Watched, and Views for each video over that specific period.
You can export this data for additional analysis in a CSV format by clicking Download data as CSV.
Viewing Jetpack VideoPress Stats via WordPress.com
You can also log in to WordPress.com and view your stats. These stats will look similar to the stats that you can see from your WP Admin stats view.
- Scroll down until you see the section titled Videos.
- Here, you’ll be able to see a quick view of your videos along with the view count for each:
- If you click on View All you will be brought to your video traffic page where you can track:
- Hours Watched
- You will also be able to download all video stat data as CSV
- Click on each insight to see a custom view of the traffic
- Click on the video file to edit your video details and settings
Related Support Articles
These articles go over topics that are helpful when using Jetpack VideoPress via either plugin:
- Adding a Jetpack VideoPress Video Using the Block Editor
- Adding a Jetpack VideoPress Video Using the Classic Editor
- Troubleshooting Jetpack VideoPress
- Jetpack VideoPress FAQs
- VideoPress: Video Privacy
Still need help?
Please contact support directly. We’re happy to lend a hand and answer any other questions that you may have.