Jetpack includes state-of-the-art security tools that keep your site safe and sound, from posts to plugins.
Jetpack’s security features include:
- Downtime monitoring (free)
- Jetpack will keep tabs on your site, and alert you the moment that downtime is detected.
- Brute force protection (free)
- Automatically protect yourself against traditional brute force attacks and distributed brute force attacks that use many servers against your site.
- Plugin updates (free)
- Automatically update your plugins to the latest version.
- Secure authentication (free)
- Using the same log-in credentials you use for WordPress.com, you’ll now be able to register for and sign in to self-hosted WordPress.org sites quickly and securely.
- Activity log (free/paid)
- A complete record of everything that happens on your site.
- Jetpack Backup (paid)
- Real-time backups and one-click restores so you can ensure you never lose your site.
- Jetpack Scan (paid)
- Automated scanning and one‑click fixes to keep your site ahead of security threats.
- Jetpack Anti-spam (paid)
- Automatically block spam from comment sections and forms.
Are you blocked from accessing your dashboard?
What else should I do to protect my sites?
It’s strongly recommended you back up your self-hosted sites using a tool such as Jetpack Backup. Backups provide a recovery mechanism should a malicious file corrupt your site or become otherwise compromised.
Jetpack’s automatic plugin updates make it easy to keep your plugins up to date. By setting your plugins to auto-update, you help ensure any issues that may arise due to plugins with malicious code will not harm your site.
Keeping your plugins and themes updated is one of the most effective ways to keep your self-hosted WordPress sites secure. By using Jetpack’s site management tools, you can keep your plugins up to date from one easy control panel in WordPress.com. Learn more about automatic plugin updates»
Jetpack’s downtime monitoring feature will keep tabs on your site and alert you the moment downtime is detected. Monitoring uptime of your site can be an important tool in the security of your site. Learn more about downtime monitoring»
If you’re having trouble with your website or need further assistance, please contact support for help.