Jetpack includes state-of-the-art security tools that keep your site safe and sound, from posts to plugins.
Jetpack’s security features include:
- Downtime Monitoring - Jetpack Monitor will keep tabs on your site, and alert you the moment that downtime is detected.
- WordPress.com Secure Sign On - Using the same log-in credentials you use for WordPress.com, you’ll now be able to register for and sign in to self-hosted WordPress.org sites quickly and securely.
- Security - Jetpack includes state-of-the-art security tools that keep your site safe and sound, from posts to plugins. Protection from brute force attacks24/7 downtime monitoringSecure Sign-OnAutomatic plugin updatesAnd more Are you blocked from accessing your dashboard? Use one of the three methods described here to unblock yourself. Here are some resources to help get you started: Our […]
- Troubleshooting issues with the Brute Force Attack Protection feature - Are you unable to enable the Protect feature on your site? Check these tips to find out why.
- Jetpack Scan - Jetpack Scan offers automated malware scanning and one-click threat resolution.
- Brute Force Attack Protection (formerly Protect) - Jetpack Protect allows you to protect yourself against traditional brute force attacks and distributed brute force attacks that use many servers against your site
- Jetpack Firewall - The Jetpack Firewall is a web application firewall (known as WAF) designed to protect your WordPress site from malicious requests. Looking for more information about Firewall included with the Jetpack Protect plugin? See our article about the Jetpack Protect Plugin. The Jetpack Firewall examines incoming traffic to a WP site and decides to allow or […]
- Jetpack Protect - Jetpack Protect is a free security plugin for WordPress that scans your site and warns you about vulnerabilities, keeping your site one step ahead of security threats and malware. What do I need to run Jetpack Protect on my site? Installing Jetpack Protect Installing Jetpack Protect can be done from your site’s WP Admin. To […]
- Jetpack Firewall in the Jetpack Protect Plugin - Jetpack Firewall examines incoming traffic to your site and decides to allow or block it based on various rules. This adds an important layer of protection to your site, particularly when attackers actively exploit unpatched vulnerabilities. The Firewall Premium features require a connection to a WordPress.com account and a plan that has a Scan feature, […]
Are you blocked from accessing your dashboard?
Use one of the three methods described here to unblock yourself.
What else should I do to protect my sites?
It’s strongly recommended you back up your self-hosted sites using a tool such as Jetpack Backup. Backups provide a recovery mechanism should a malicious file corrupt your site or become otherwise compromised.
Jetpack’s automatic plugin updates make it easy to keep your plugins up to date. By setting your plugins to auto-update, you help ensure any issues that may arise due to plugins with malicious code will not harm your site.
Keeping your plugins and themes updated is one of the most effective ways to keep your self-hosted WordPress sites secure. By using Jetpack’s site management tools, you can keep your plugins up to date from one easy control panel in WordPress.com. Learn more about automatic plugin updates»
Jetpack’s downtime monitoring feature will keep tabs on your site and alert you the moment downtime is detected. Monitoring uptime of your site can be an important tool in the security of your site. Learn more about downtime monitoring»
Still need help?
Please contact support directly. We’re happy to lend a hand and answer any other questions that you may have.