Video Hosting for WordPress Sites
Host video effortlessly and deliver it at high speeds to your viewers.
What’s the best way of sharing video content?
Video is one of the most engaging forms of content that you can include on your website. In fact, Jetpack has been supporting seamlessly embedding video content from top services for a long time.
Jetpack Video Player
That said, hosting your videos on YouTube, DailyMotion, or directly on your own server has some shortcomings:
- If you host it yourself, you may need to pay more for hosting and bandwidth.
- Hosting on a third-party service like YouTube means that your viewers need to contend with third-party adverts (that you get no revenue from).
- Alternatively, hosting on an ad-free platform inevitably means that you need to pay more for the service.
Adding video with Jetpack only takes seconds
Jetpack Video Details
- Unlimited storage
- Fully optimized from the ground up for WordPress and mobile
- Integrates directly with your post editor and media library, including the new editor
- High-speed, high-quality, ad-free, and unbranded video player
- Rich stats for individual and overall video plays right inside the Jetpack dashboard
Part of Jetpack’s suite of content creation tools for WordPress sites including content delivery, image tools, sidebar customization, and more.
Frequently Answered Questions
Answers to common questions we get asked. For advanced settings and trouble-shooting read our detailed support document.
How do I turn it on?
Simply install Jetpack and enable it with one click from your Jetpack dashboard.
Is there a storage limit?
Jetpack includes unlimited video hosting. Please note that there is a 2TB soft-limit on storage to ensure legitimate use. If this limit is reached, please reach out to Jetpack support and we can increase it for you.
Is there a file size limit?
Video hosting works well for files that are 1GB and lower. It may work for files between 1GB and 2GB, but the larger the file, the greater chance for the process to fail. Most networks will time out before you’re able to upload a file that’s larger than 1.4 GB. We cannot support any files that are larger than 2 GB. Also note, if a video is longer than two hours and greater than 1GB, we don’t encode the HD or DVD files, due to storage space limitations. Instead, we display the video only at standard resolution.