Automattic is a distributed company made up of people who work from wherever they choose. Together, there are more than 1,000 Automatticians speaking 93 different languages across 75 countries. (Sound like fun? Work with us!) Our ace customer support folks are called Happiness Engineers, and we always enjoy talking with them to get a peek into how they live, what they love, and their thoughts on Jetpack.
Continue reading → Meet Anne from Jetpack: Philosopher, Nomad, Happiness Engineer
Jetpack is once again a headline sponsor of WordCamp EU alongside WooCommerce. Our team can’t wait to answer your questions, help troubleshoot issues, or just have a quick tête-à-tête about any WordPress topic you can think of.
This year we’re also inviting you to attend four great workshops by our team members and to sign up to be the first to hear about a big announcement coming from Jetpack.
Watch and share the teaser video here:
WordPress.com and WordPress.org: The Same, But Different
There’s often confusion over WordPress.org versus WordPress.com. In this talk, I’ll explore key differences between the two, the upsides, and downsides of each, and situations where you might want to use one over the other.
- By Eric Binnion, Growth Wrangler.
- For people sitting on the fence.
- At 16:00 Friday, June 16th in the Haussmann Building.
Jetpack Secrets: Theme Tools, Actions, Filters, and Other Little Known Facts
Jetpack is loaded with filters and actions that allow you to modify default behaviour. It also comes with many theme tools that can be used when building a custom theme or one for widespread distribution. I’ll also have some fun new things to reveal to all who attend!
- By Miguel Lezama, Jetpack Development Lead.
- For developers, plugin authors, and designers.
- At 16:30 Friday, June 16th in the Haussmann Building.
Jetpack’s Win-Win for Users and Hosts
Do you provide managed or shared WordPress hosting? (Or thinking of doing so?) We will cover how Jetpack reduces hosting churn and how we help hosts provide a best-in-class WordPress experience to all users.
- By Richard Muscat, Jetpack Growth Lead.
- For hosts working in the WordPress space.
- At 09:00 Saturday, June 17th in the Haussmann Building.
Launch Your Site With Jetpack!
In this talk, I’ll go over Jetpack basics: how to connect to WordPress.com and how to configure popular features. I’ll also share some best practices for using Jetpack on client sites and some advanced tips and tricks.
- By Richard Archambault, Jetpack Happiness Engineer.
- For newcomers, intermediates, and freelancers.
- At 09:30 Saturday, June 17th in the Haussmann Building.
We’re literally counting down the days until we get there. We look forward to seeing you at our booth and at our talks.