Protect your site from being inundated with spammy content.
What is spam?
Spam refers to unsolicited — and often unsavory — content and links that have nothing to do with your website or its content.
Website spammers are usually trying to divert traffic away from your website by posting legitimate-looking comments and pingbacks to trick visitors into visiting suspicious affiliate sites.
Spam is not a direct threat to your website security, but it still has negative effects:
- Steals your traffic by sending visitors to other sites.
- Makes your site and brand look unprofessional and uncared for.
- Can result in your site being blacklisted or banned by search engines.
- Compromises your customers and readers if they’re tricked into disclosing personal information on other sites.
It is possible to manually moderate each and every comment left on your site and verify their authenticity, but why waste all that time?
- Automatically filter of comments, pingbacks, and contact form submissions for known spam.
- Review comments flagged as spam.
- View stats about spam activity on your site.
- Easy, automatic setup when you install Jetpack.
Part of Jetpack’s suite of security services for WordPress sites including brute force protection, uptime monitoring, data backups, security scanning, and more.
Frequently Answered Questions
Answers to common questions we get asked. We’d be more than happy to answer any additional questions you may have!
How much does spam filtering cost?
Spam filtering is provided as part of Jetpack paid plans starting from $3.50 per month (or just $39 annually). Compare and choose a plan from our pricing page.
If for any reason you’re not satisfied we will issue a full refund within thirty days. No questions asked.
How do I turn it on?
Simply install Jetpack, purchase a plan, and we will automatically configure the necessary settings for you.
Whatever sort of site you’re running, Jetpack’s features are designed to keep your site secure, build your brand, and better engage with more readers.
Don’t have Jetpack?
If you don’t currently have Jetpack install it now so you can begin taking advantage of our features. Installation is easy and free — you don’t need a paid subscription.