Thanks to the Publicize module, you can automatically publish each one of your blog posts to your Google+ Profile.
On the Settings -> Sharing page click Add New. You’ll be taken to Google where you’ll be asked to approve the connection between your Jetpack site and your Google+ account. Click Accept.
On the next screen, you’ll see a message confirming that you have successfully connected your Jetpack site to your Google+ Profile. You can also check the box to make the connection available to all users of the blog. This means that when another user creates a post it will also publicize to this Google+ connection.
Changing who can see your Publicized posts on Google+
By default, Google+ sets the visibility of your posts to “Only You”. You can change this setting when connecting your site to Google+, or later on by visiting https://plus.google.com/apps or following these steps:
- Go to Settings,
- Click on the link to “switch to classic G+”,
- Scroll down and click on “Manage apps & +1’s on posts”,
- Click on the “Apps” tab.
Click the edit link indicated above and there is a drop down menu (shown below) with options to selectively share to extended circles, the public, only your circles, only you, or a custom option where you can select specific circles to share your content:
If the connection between Google+ and your site gets disconnected for some reason, don’t worry, just follow these steps and you’ll be back on track again in no time.
- Log into your Jetpack site. Go to Settings -> Sharing and click the X next to the link to the Google+ profile or page you wish to disconnect.
- Reload the page and confirm the link now says Add new, but don’t click that link yet.
- Log into your Google+ account. Then go to your Google+ Manage Apps page by clicking this link.
- Hover your mouse over the WordPress application to display a pencil icon as shown here:
- Click on the pencil to display a drop-down menu.
- Select “Disconnect.”
- In the window that pops up, confirm the disconnect by clicking the “Disconnect” button. Do not choose to delete your information unless you want everything you’ve shared on Google+ through WordPress to also be deleted.
- Log back into your site. Go to Settings -> Sharing and follow the steps at the top of this page to reconnect.