Security and Backup Services for WordPress Sites
Keep your site safe, secure, constantly backed up, and free from intruders.
Should I worry about security?
Yes. But you shouldn’t have to.
Unfortunately all websites are targets for hackers and spammers, and the more popular your website becomes, the more important it is for you keep your site and content safe. And its not just malicious attacks that are a concern: accidents happen to the best of us and all hosting companies and developers can experience downtime or infiltrations themselves.
Website security can be hard, especially if you’re not an expert, which is why Jetpack provides an entire suite of one-click simple security services.
The best part? We’ll auto-configure everything for you and most features need just one-click to turn on.
What Jetpack security services do for your site:
- Prevents brute force attacks from botnets and hackers.
- Monitors your site for downtime and notifies you accordingly.
- Provides secure authentication via WordPress.com accounts.
- Keeps plugins automatically updated and allows bulk management.
- Backs up your entire site to a secure, off-site location. PRO
- Restores your site with 1-click and easy site migration. PRO
- Scans for malware and infiltrations and helps you fix them. PRO
- Expert priority support from our Happiness Engineering team. PRO
- Automatically filters comment and pingback spam. PRO
Learn more about each of Jetpack’s security services:
- Brute force attack protection We automatically block attempts to access your site from millions of known malicious attackers.
- Downtime monitoring If your site goes down, we’ll let you know instantly. And when its back up we’ll tell you how long it was down for.
- Secure authentication Make sure anyone accessing your site is protected by WordPress.com secure logins.
- Automatic plugin updates Keeping plugins up to date is good security practice. Jetpack does it for you.
- Site backups Every bit and byte of your site is backed up safely to an off-site location.
- Site restores and migrations Restore or migrate your site with a few clicks.
- Security scanning Automatic scanning of all your site code to detect malicious code changes.
- Expert priority support If you’re stuck, we’ll help you (or your developers) fix any security threat we detect.
- Spam filtering We’ll make sure no questionable content or comments are published on your site.
Frequently Answered Questions
Answers to common questions we get asked. We’d be more than happy to answer any additional questions you may have!
Will the free services always be free?
Yes. All Jetpack services that are currently offered for free will always be offered for free.
Why should I choose Jetpack?
There are many plugins offering similar services and the choice is yours. Customers who love Jetpack tend to do so because they get everything they need in one bundle rather than multiple plugins and because Jetpack is brought to you by the people who manage and secure millions of WordPress sites on WordPress.com.
If for any reason you’re not satisfied we will issue a full refund within thirty days. No questions asked.
Doesn’t my host provide backups and security?
Yes. Most hosting companies nowadays provide a backup service (in fact, if yours doesn’t, we’d recommend finding one that does). However if your site represents your brand or directly generates revenue we don’t recommend putting all your eggs in one basket.
A backup you can rely on should something go wrong with your host can avoid a lot of panic (and lost traffic) at critical moments.
Whatever sort of site you’re running, Jetpack’s features are designed to keep your site secure, elevate your brand, and engage with more readers better.
Don’t have Jetpack?
If you don’t currently have Jetpack install it now so you can begin taking advantage of our features. Installation is easy and free — you don’t need a paid subscription.