Welcome to Jetpack 4.7, available now for upgrade or installation.
After a few releases chock-full of new features (like Google Analytics and Ads) we decided to focus an entire release cycle on some cleanup, enhancements, and bug fixes. An early Spring-cleaning if you will, getting us ready for some even more exciting feature announcements later in the year.
When we looked back at how many fixes and enhancements we put into this release we were not surprised to learn that it was exactly 42 of each (sorry, couldn’t help that).
42 Bugs Fixed
The changelog has all the details but the highlights include:
- Carousel now works better with Photon and with Infinite Scroll.
- Fixed a problem where CSS was being stripped when migrating from Jetpack’s Custom CSS to Core’s CSS editor.
- Fixed a PHP error when uninstalling Jetpack.
- The Follow Widget now translates according to the site’s language.
- The Twitter character counter in Publicize got a fix to display info correctly.
42 Enhancements Launched
Once again, the changelog includes everything. The highlights here are:
- Made a number of features more accessible including stats, keyboard focus, and including labels and icons where they were missing.
- Various performance improvements to page load times, database queries, API endpoints, and removing unnecessary sync options to save memory.
- Added more information to our debug tools to improve your support experience when you contact us.
- Infinite Scroll now works beautifully with the Twenty Seventeen Theme.
- Fixed some W3C validation errors in Comments
Full Changelog and Thanks
Install Jetpack on your site or upgrade your current version today and let us know what you think.
A special thank you to the (50!) contributors to this release – thanks for helping make Jetpack better:
Adam Heckler, Alex Kirk, Andrew Duthie, Artur Piszek, Benedict Singer, Bob Ralian, Brandon Hubbard, Brandon Kraft, Brian Colinger, Christopher Finke, Crystal Barton, Damián Suárez, Dan Roundhill, Daniel Rey López, Daniel Walmsley, Derek Smart, Derek Springer, Drew Butler, Elio Rivero, Enej Bajgoric, Eric Binnion, George Hotelling, George Stephanis, Ian Dunn, Igor Zinovyev, Jacob Morrison, Jacopo Tomasone, Jason Day, Jeff Stieler, Jeremy Herve, Kaspars Dambis, Kelly Dwan, Marin Atanasov, Mark George, Michael Arestad, Michael Turk, Mohammad Jangda, Nathan Bloomfield, Neil Hainsworth, Oscar Lopez, Peter J. Herrel, Richard Gunning, Rocco Tripaldi, Shahul Hameed, Sam Hotchkiss, Simon Wheatley, Stanimir Stoyanov, Steve Seear, Thomas Guillot, and Yoav Farhi.
Explore the benefits of Jetpack plans
Compare plans in detail to see how Jetpack can help you design, market, and secure your WordPress site.Compare plans