You’ve dedicated hours of hard work and creativity to making your site the absolute best that it can be. But if you make a mistake or fall victim to a cyber attack, it could be gone in an instant.
That’s why website security — and the ability to restore your site if anything goes wrong — is just as important as creative content, design, marketing, and the other factors that make a website successful.
A downed site can be a complete disaster, but it doesn’t have to be. It’s a lot like, well, Star Trek.
When something really, really bad happens, like an invasion of space zombies or earth’s destruction by whale-seeking alien probes, what’s the simplest solution?
Time travel, of course!
Just zip back to before the “bad thing” happened, change what caused it, and voilà: a happy, shiny planet with no sign that anything ever went wrong.
Think of Jetpack Backup as your time machine, allowing you to go back and change history just by clicking a button. You probably schedule regular backups of your hard drives or save important files to a cloud storage platform in case your computer crashes. Websites are no different! If yours goes down, backups are key for recovering your data and saving your reputation.
What is Jetpack Backup?
Backups provide a “restore point” for you to recover your data and save your reputation. Your business depends on the reliability and availability of your website to maintain customer relationships and trust.
Jetpack Backup is a comprehensive security solution for WordPress websites, protecting your online content with regular offsite backups and offering an unrivaled one-click restore feature.
- It protects your content. If your site is hacked and you don’t have backups, you’re going to spend hours, days, or even weeks trying to undo the intrusion. Jetpack Backups saves it all.
- It’s always accessible. Jetpack Backup stores site settings, files, images, and links in multiple places. This guarantees that, in the unlikely event that a single server is down, you can still access your backups when and where you need them.
- It mistake-proofs you. Experiment with plugins, try some new fonts and colors, change your theme…and then restore an earlier version of the site with a click if the changes aren’t working for you.
- It saves time. Manual backups can be lengthy and complicated. Jetpack Backup’s automatic backups mean everything is taken care of for you.
- It goes where you go. With Jetpack Backup, you can restore your site from your mobile device, so your website isn’t down any longer than necessary, even if you’re traveling.
- It minimizes recovery time. If your site generates daily or hourly revenue, then every second that it’s down is also money lost. The faster your recovery time, the less you lose!
- It syncs with the activity log. This keeps a record of every action taken on your site so you can restore to the exact moment before something went wrong. See how WordPress agency FreshySites uses this tool.
Two types of backups: real-time vs. daily
Websites are all different and might need different levels of protection, so Jetpack offers two types of backups:
Real-time backups save your site while you work — the post you just finished is as safe as the rest of your content. You can use the activity log to review actions on your site (plugin updates, new pages and posts, user logins, setting changes) and identify a specific restore point.
Real-time backups also offer unlimited archives, one-click restores, and Jetpack’s world-class infrastructure and support. If your website includes products, a large number of blog posts, memberships, forums, or other content that is updated frequently, this is the perfect solution.
Daily backups run each day at a specific time. They’re archived for 30 days and offer the same one-click restores and support as the real-time option.
For blogs, landing pages, resume sites, or other business websites where content is not typically updated multiple times a day, daily backups are a more economical choice.
Start protecting your site
Decide whether you want to purchase a Jetpack plan (which includes additional features like malware scanning, spam protection, and social media management) or use Jetpack Backup as a standalone solution.
Whether you’re running a virtual corner store or a growing corporation, solid protection for your online investments and customer presence can make or break your business.
Now is the perfect opportunity to better protect your website. For a limited time, we’re offering introductory pricing up to 70% off. Add Jetpack Backup today, keep your site the way you want it, and never lose another post, page, image, or minute of sleep, again!
Quantum torpedoes are optional.
Explore the benefits of Jetpack plans
Compare plans in detail to see how Jetpack can help you design, market, and secure your WordPress site.Compare plans