Search Engine Optimization for WordPress Sites
Optimize your site and content for better search engine rankings and results.
How can I get more traffic from search engines?
Ranking highly in search engines like Google and Bing is highly desirable for good reason: if your site shows up for relevant searches visitors are more likely to visit your site.
Search engine optimization (or SEO) is a set of practices that help search engines index (or understand) your site better. Like many other aspects of marketing and promotion, having useful and well-written content is the baseline you need to work from.
And once you have that, Jetpack’s SEO tools give you a professional edge:
- Live previews of what your site homepage and posts look like on search engines.
- Previews and suggestions for optimizing your content for social sites.
- Craft an eye-catching meta description for your site’s front page.
You don’t need expensive consultants to get your SEO basics right. With Jetpack’s free SEO tools you can step up your game while focusing most of your energy on content creation.
- Customize how your content titles appear for your site.
- Reorder items such as “Site Name” and “Tagline”, and also add custom separators between the items.
- Create a front page meta description without touching your site code.
- Customize meta descriptions for individual posts and pages.
- See live previews of how Google, Facebook, Twitter, and WordPress.com will display your content.
- Complements our (free) XML Sitemaps feature.
Part of Jetpack’s suite of free traffic tools for WordPress sites including stats, sharing, automatic promotion, related posts, and more.
Frequently Answered Questions
Answers to common questions we get asked. We’d be more than happy to answer any additional questions you may have!