No matter the size of your online store, the number one way to make customers happy — and increase sales — is to help them find exactly what they want, and find it fast. This is where your search box comes in, leading visitors to the information they’re looking for without having to scroll through layers of categories or menus.
While this is good for your customers, it’s also great for you. Visitors are twice as likely to buy a product if they use search to find what they need, so a good search tool means more conversions and more sales. And quality search results engage shoppers across your whole website, giving them access to alternate products and blog posts to further increase the chance that they’ll end up making a purchase.
The key is to find the right search tool, one that provides relevant, filterable, fast results.
Enter Jetpack Search.
Why Jetpack Search?
The default WordPress search functionality works for small sites with straightforward content like pages and blog posts, but Jetpack Search is ideal for online shops with a mix of content types and multiple products for sale. It picks out the most relevant results from a wide variety of options using smart search algorithms, and puts the right pages at the top of the list. When there are too many results, it lets people filter the results by category or tags to find what they are looking for. And it scales to handle everything from boutiques to storefronts to commerce empires.
It’s about much more than just pinpointing the right needle in the haystack, though. Jetpack Search brings a range of powerful features that amp up sales, including:
- Speed. Jetpack Search is powered by Elasticsearch, an off-site indexing tool that uses its own information to return relevant results quickly and efficiently. It indexes your store in real time, so changes, updates, and new products are added to the search directory within minutes. And because all indexing information is stored off site there’s no additional load on your server, keeping the rest of your site speedy.
- Dynamic, flexible filters. Customers can filter results by a nearly endless number of options, including date, category, tags, post type, and custom taxonomies. The search results page will show only pertinent options for filtering.
- Boosting for popular content. We use site traffic to ensure that more popular products and pages are higher in the search results. Your most popular products will be the most likely to show up at the top.
- Improved mobile experience. Jetpack Search automatically configures filters and works more intuitively with themes to provide relevant results on mobile devices quickly and encourage visitors to explore further.
- No limits on searches. Customers can do an unlimited number of searches, with any number of results, every day, with no additional cost for you.
- Foreign language support. Jetpack Search supports 29 native languages, which makes it the best choice for international stores. Know that customers can find exactly what they’re looking for regardless of the language they speak.
Configure Jetpack Search with ease
Jetpack Search is available as a standalone product — no Jetpack plan necessary — and is priced based on how much content is on your site. You can get started in a few minutes, with minimal tech knowledge. Here’s how:
- Purchase Jetpack Search and install Jetpack.
- We’ll start building a search index of all your content and auto-configure search and filtering on your site.
- Try out your new search, customize the search overlay colors, and adjust the filters as needed.
You’ll see the same search box as before, but the engine behind it will be replaced with powerful Jetpack Search. When a customer searches for a keyword or phrase, the results page will include the filters you created, allowing them to narrow results until they find what they’d like to purchase.
If you’re a developer, you can make further customizations with a few lines of PHP.
Get help whenever you need it
Jetpack Search includes priority support, so help is never far away. Move to the front of the line and get top-notch help from Happiness Engineers for any questions or problems, day or night.
Relevance, speed, and custom filtering let customers find the right products within moments of arriving on your online store, and guide them to related products that increase order totals. Jetpack Search improves your website functionality, supports your growing audience, and is a critical conversion tool.
Explore the benefits of Jetpack plans
Compare plans in detail to see how Jetpack can help you design, market, and secure your WordPress site.Compare plans