Did you know that you can view and restore your site from anywhere with the Jetpack mobile app?
The app is the perfect companion to Jetpack Security. With it, you can be reassured that your site is humming along nicely, even while you’re far away from your laptop. Real-time security alerts will empower you to restore your site right from the palm of your hand if ever needed.
What’s more, with the Jetpack app, you get access to a wide range of features, all designed to help you effectively manage your site while on the go:
- Gain further peace of mind with security scanning and malware detection. An instant notification will be sent to your app if any action is ever needed from you.
- Understand how your content is performing and know what’s resonating with your audience using Stats and Insights.
- Auto-share new blog posts to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Tumblr. Write once, post everywhere.
- Reply to comments on the go, see when your traffic is booming, and keep engaged with your audience with Notifications.
- Tweak, create, or publish your site’s content from anywhere in the world.
- Discover new bloggers and catch up with your favorite sites using the Reader.
We’re constantly working on new ways to improve the Jetpack app and make it the best possible way to put your site in your pocket and make updates on the go. Inspiration can strike anywhere, after all!
What’s the difference between the WordPress and the Jetpack apps?
Your favorite Jetpack-powered features from the WordPress app – including Stats, Notifications, and the Reader – have a new home: the Jetpack app! These features will soon be removed from the WordPress app so that its focus will be on essential user and publishing tools. With the Jetpack app, you can expect the same attention to core features like managing and editing content, as well as next-level tools to grow your audience on a trusted platform.
Why are there two apps, and which should I use?
WordPress comes in more than one flavor and serves a diverse range of site administration needs. After listening to a lot of feedback around varying expectations, we settled on creating two options for you to WordPress on the go:
- The WordPress app will focus on WordPress’ core functionality. If you’re looking for the essential tools you need to publish on the go, with support for offline editing and the ability to upload media straight from your phone’s camera roll, then this may be the app for you.
- The Jetpack app is the premium mobile publishing experience for our super-connected world. With it, you’ll get all the essential tools that come with the WordPress app, plus a suite of features for growing your site. Track the performance of your content with Stats, get notified about comments and reactions with Notifications, and discover content and join communities with the Reader. Whether you’re new to publishing on the Internet or a seasoned veteran, have a WordPress site already or want to start a new one — download the Jetpack app today for a great set of tools to start or grow!
Either app is available for you to use. Once you’ve decided which app is best for you, please delete the other. Managing your site across both apps is currently unsupported and may lead to issues like data conflicts.
We’re excited to offer different apps to suit different needs and will be sharing further details over the coming weeks. In the meantime, we want to hear from you! Please feel welcome to comment on this post with any questions or feedback you may have.
Explore the benefits of Jetpack
Learn how Jetpack can help you protect, speed up, and grow your WordPress site.
Get up to 90% off your first year.Compare plans