Fun fact: according to a recent Hubspot blog post, researchers found that colored visuals increase people’s willingness to read a piece of content by 80%.
No doubt, when it comes to publishing a compelling blog post or designing an eye-catching landing page, it’s important to consider visuals, including both photo and video.
Here at Jetpack, we make it simple for you to incorporate photo and video into the stories you share on your website.
Get acquainted with five Jetpack features to help you get visual.
- Gallery Widget: Slideshows are a popular way for many media organizations and bloggers to display photos. Jetpack’s Gallery Widget provides you with a simple way to display a photo gallery or slideshow in your blog’s sidebar.
- Carousel: When you activate Carousel, any standard WordPress galleries you have embedded in posts or pages will launch a gorgeous full-screen photo browsing experience with comments and EXIF metadata.
- Photon: If you don’t size your photos properly, you can seriously slow down your site. That’s where Photon comes in handy. Photon is an image acceleration service that resizes your photos and serves the right image size for your visitors from our free CDN. What does this mean for you? Automated image optimization, and faster image loading for your readers.
- Custom CSS: Want to customize your theme to create a site that displays media exactly the way you want? With Jetpack’s Custom CSS feature you can write a few lines of CSS in an easy-to-use editor without having to modify files or upload code. Take control of the layout and design of your images and videos with this advanced tool.
- Tiled Galleries: Tiled Galleries offers up another fun and creative way to display photos. This feature allows you to display image galleries in three styles: a rectangular mosaic, a square mosaic, and a circular grid. Best of all? Captions are hidden and slide into sight when you hover over the image.
Over to you! Do you have a favorite Jetpack feature for visuals? We’d love to hear how you’re using these tools on your blog or website.