In this month’s release of Jetpack 5.5, we made some changes that created errors if you were using other plugins that added custom links to the WordPress Plugins menu option. This is now fixed — please update if you were experiencing this issue and all plugins/links should work as expected.
This point release also includes a few other improvements and fixes you may want to be aware of:
- We have fixed an issue that did not allow users to upload plugins using API requests.
- Open Graph links in post headers are no longer invalid in some special cases.
- We fixed warnings happening when syncing users with WordPress.com.
- We updated the way the Google+ button is loaded to match changes made by Google. This ensure the button is always displayed properly.
- We fixed some conflicts between Jetpack’s responsive videos and the updates made to video players in WordPress 4.9.
- And finally, we updated Publicize‘s message length to match Twitter’s new 280 character limit, so you’ll no longer be told your custom message is too long when you exceed 140 characters.
We apologize for any inconvenience you may have encountered with the 5.5 release and recommend you update now.
Thank you to the contributors to this release: Enej Bajgoric, Jeremy Herve, Mark Samman, Miguel Lezama, and Oscar Lopez.
Explore the benefits of Jetpack
Learn how Jetpack can help you protect, speed up, and grow your WordPress site.Compare plans