Hello Jetpack community,
This week, we released versions 2.3.2 and 2.3.3 of Jetpack.
In 2.3.2, we fixed two large, outstanding bugs that were preventing a number of you from properly using Jetpack:
- Jetpack ID Error plagued a number of our European users and prevented them from even connecting Jetpack to WordPress.com. This was due to an incompatible security library. We’ve patched Jetpack to work around this issue, so please let us know if you continue to see this error.
- Facebook Publicize was not showing any Pages for users to Publicize to. This seems to have been a silent change in the data structure that Facebook was using that we didn’t catch in time. It is now fixed and you should be able to choose from your Pages when setting up Publicize.
In 2.3.3, we fixed a bug that we ourselves introduced. In our efforts to keep your Jetpack sites running smoothly, we added some checks to our code to ensure a working connection to WordPress.com. In that attempt, we accidentally overwrote a setting that would have interfered with automated Core update checking and other actions that rely on automatic schedules.
We didn’t want that bug to linger and cause issues with your sites, so we patched it and got it out to you as soon as we could.
Please let us know through the forums or our contact form if you notice any issues.
Explore the benefits of Jetpack
Learn how Jetpack can help you protect, speed up, and grow your WordPress site.
Get up to 50% off your first year.Compare plans
Thanks guys, keep up the good work! 🙂
My WP site updated the plugin to 2.3.2 but it did not show a 2.3.3 to install.
I downloaded it manually and tried to update it but it won’t do it because the folder already exists.
Could you try to reinstall the plugin manually by following the instructions I mentioned below?
If you still experience issues, do not hesitate to send us an email!
MY Jetpack crashed and is dead. Cannot even re-install it. Keep getting error:
“Destination folder already exists. …………..Plugin install failed”.
I found the folder and deleted it and still get the same error.
Too Bad, I do like this plug in.
Could you try to log in to your site via FTP, delete the existing Jetpack plugin folder, and reinstall the plugin manually as explained here:
Hello, it is still not working: Error Details: Jetpack ID is empty. Do not publicly post this error message! By version 2.3.3 in The Netherlands. I hope it will work soon. Regards, Patrick
Can you please use Jetpack’s Debugger module to send us some more information about your site?
1) Go to the Jetpack page in your dashboard.
2) Click on the Debug link appearing at the bottom of the page.
3) Click the link that says “click here to contact Jetpack support.”
4) Fill in the description box and your name and email address.
5) Click the “Contact Support” button.