Jetpack 6.2 is now available for download. 6.2 includes a few improvements and bugfixes, making it another general maintenance release.
We highly recommend that you update your sites to the latest version.
Here’s what’s new for June:
Jetpack features supported on AMP
The biggest news for this release: we’ve made changes so that Jetpack features will now work on AMP pages.
If you’re not familiar with Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP), you can learn more about the project here. Essentially, AMP provides a way to create pages that load near instantaneously for mobile users, and are managed like other pages on your website.
Along with adding missing support, we now prevent rendering of Jetpack features that would cause issues when rendering the AMP version of pages.
For themes that support Content Options, we now exclude Custom Post Types, like the Portfolio and Testimonials, when toggling between showing a post’s content or an excerpt via the Blog Display option in the customizer.
Improvements to Cookies & Consent Widget
This widget, added in the 6.1.1 release last month, has been updated for improved display options. First, we’ve added a “top” option for the widget position. The existing bottom of the screen position is the default.
We also did some work to improve the compatibility of this widget with different themes, specifically regarding the positioning of the widget.
Miscellaneous fixes and updates
Finally, here are a few more updates you’ll find in 6.2 that you may want to be aware of:
- Contact Form: We fixed scrolling and height for very large contact forms.
- Tiled Galleries and Image CDN: If our image CDN is active, Jetpack will now use it when a Tiled Gallery links to a media file.
- Related Posts: Jetpack now won’t attempt to load related posts for an unpublished post.
- Sharing: We fixed an issue that resulted in incorrect URLs for sharing on WhatsApp. We also resolved a problem with duplicate requests occurring to check if your Akismet installation is active and functional when using the Share By Email button.
- Shortcodes: Fixed the Facebook shortcode in wp-admin.
Update to 6.2 today
Install Jetpack on your site or update to 6.2 now!
A big thank you to everyone who contributed to this release: Alex Kirk, Allen Snook, Anthony, Anthony Garand, Barry Abrahamson, Brandon Kraft, Daniel Walmsley, Daryl L. L. Houston, David Newman, Derek Smart, Don Park, Drew Butler, Enej Bajgoric, Eric Binnion, George Stephanis, Ian Dunn, Igor Zinovyev, Iliya Polihronov, Jacopo Tomasone, James Huff, James Nylen, Jason Caldwell, Jason Johnston, Jeff Bowen, Jeremy Herve, Joe Bartlett, Jonathan Sadowski, Laurel Fulford, Michael Arestad, Michael Cain, Michael D Adams, Michael Turk, Mikael Korpela, Mike Jolley, Oscar Sanchez, Paul Schreiber, RC Lations, Randall Stoltzfus, Rocco Tripaldi, rodruiz, Steve Seear, Thomas Guillot, Timmy Crawford, Tugdual de Kerviler, Yoav Farhi, Weston Ruter