Are you a developer? Do you use Bitnami to install open source web applications? Automattic (the folks behind Jetpack, WordPress.com, WooCommerce, and more) has partnered with Bitnami to make it easier for you to install official WordPress bundles that will help you meet your scaling needs. Bitnami is one of the easier ways to deploy production-ready WordPress sites in the AWS cloud: it provides production-ready solutions for AWS servers, so you can start using your new application for mission-critical work immediately, saving you precious development time. Starting today, Bitnami-created and Automattic-endorsed Production-Ready WordPress bundles are available in the AWS Marketplace — and they come with Jetpack built right in.
A WordPress Installation for Every Need
Bitnami provides a library of installers, or software packages, for web applications and development stacks. Production – Ready WordPress are pre-configured bundles designed for production environments. We’ve made the following Bitnami WordPress bundles official with more to come:
- WordPress Certified by Bitnami and Automattic
- WordPress Multisite Certified by Bitnami and Automattic
- WordPress Production-Ready Certified by Bitnami and Automattic
- WordPress with NGINX and SSL Certified by Bitnami and Automattic
- WordPress with Amazon RDS for MariaDB Certified by Bitnami & Automatic
- WordPress with Amazon Aurora Certified by Bitnami and Automattic
Bitnami: Under the Hood
Wonder how it works? Bitnami WordPress Production-Ready spans two availability zones in the AWS region, and the auto-scaling group is configured in each node to ensure high-availability and horizontal scaling. This specific solution maximizes performance through a replication model for distributing workloads across multiple WordPress instances. WordPress Production-Ready also uses Elastic Load Balancing to distribute requests across the nodes, and EFS for persisting files and ElastiCache cluster with Memcached for caching database queries to Amazon Aurora.
Jetpack and Bitnami
The free version of Jetpack is included with these bundles and is ready to help you grow, build, and secure your cloud-hosted site. While Bitnami helps you to quickly set up a production- ready WordPress bundle, Jetpack helps to secure and speed up your site.
Join us for a live webinar with the Bitnami and AWS teams on August 14th, 2019 at 10am PDT. Click here to register
In this webinar, you’ll learn:
- When it makes sense to host your own WordPress server in the cloud
- How to use the official WordPress image from the AWS Marketplace to get started
- The benefits of using the WordPress Production-Ready image
- How AWS provides a great experience for cloud users
And if you’re not an AWS user? Jetpack is working closely with Bitnami to bring you official WordPress cloud bundles across other platforms. We’ll announce them here as they become available!
Watch a 2019 talk on Jetpack, Bitnami, and AWS
Explore the benefits of Jetpack
Learn how Jetpack can help you protect, speed up, and grow your WordPress site.
Get up to 80% off your first year.Compare plans