Automattic is a distributed company made up of people who work from wherever they choose. Together, there are more than 1,000 Automatticians speaking 93 different languages across 75 countries. (Sound like fun? Work with us!) Our ace customer support folks are called Happiness Engineers, and we always enjoy talking with them to get a peek into how they live, what they love, and their thoughts on Jetpack.
Continue reading → Meet Anne from Jetpack: Philosopher, Nomad, Happiness Engineer
At Jetpack, our team members are usually busy tinkering under the hood to make sure everything is humming along and our customers are satisfied — but we interrupted one of them for an inside look at Jetpack and some valuable tips and tricks.
Continue reading → Meet Filipe from Jetpack: A Designer with a Passion for Discovery
As 2016 comes to a close and we look forward to 2017, we took some time to look back on the past twelve months across our company – Automattic – and all our products: WordPress.com, Jetpack, WooCommerce, and WordPress.com VIP.
We hope you enjoy scrolling through our 2016 Annual Report — chock-full of fun and interesting stats about our products, like:
- How many new posts were published on WordPress.com.
- How many live chat requests and support emails we’ve replied to.
- How many online stores are running WooCommerce, and how many sites have added Jetpack.
- How many spam comment and brute force attacks we’ve blocked on your sites.
As well as answers to those burning questions you might have about Automattic, like:
- How many languages we speak!
- Our diversity and inclusion stats.
- How many paid sabbaticals we’ve taken this year.
- Exactly how many people named Michael work here (spoiler: not enough!).
We hope you’ll be with us throughout 2017 — either as users, as contributors, or as colleagues!