Jetpack 4.8.2 fixes issues appearing in Jetpack’s new Settings area, on sites running older versions of PHP.
This release is recommended for all users.
After releasing Jetpack 4.8 earlier this week, we immediately noticed some issues that we had missed during Beta testing. We released Jetpack 4.8.1 on Thursday to address those issues, but unfortunately noticed a few more issues since then:
- On sites running PHP versions below 5.4, it was sometimes impossible to activate or deactivate some of the features via the new Settings screen.
- We took the opportunity to remove another function incompatible with PHP versions below 5.4 in Jetpack.
- In some cases, site owners would only see a blank page when visiting the new Jetpack Dashboard.
All of these problems have now been fixed. You can update to Jetpack 4.8.2 by going to Dashboard > Updates in your dashboard. Another alternative is to update manually by following the instructions in our last post.
If you want to learn more about what was updated in this release, you can check out the changelog.
Jetpack 4.8 was released yesterday with PHP code that caused fatal errors on sites running PHP versions lower than 5.4. While we do our best to test things prior to release, sometimes things fall through the cracks. We’re sorry for any inconvenience for the errors this code may have caused.
This release fixes that issue, as well as a few other bugs.
Continue reading → Jetpack 4.8.1: PHP Version Incompatibility Fix
Posted in Releases
Tagged minor release
Jetpack 4.4.1 is a small update to yesterday’s 4.4 release. It fixes two issues that were affecting a small number of our users:
- Jetpack 4.4.1 fixes an issue where some users with slower servers would get an error on the Jetpack dashboard when
WP_DEBUG was enabled.
- Jetpack 4.4.1 fixes an issue where users on a Jetpack Professional plan who were paying monthly (as opposed to annually) wouldn’t be able to enable SEO Tools.
We hope you’ll love the new Jetpack features and improvements! Install it on your site or upgrade your current version today and let us know what you think. As always, your feedback is extremely important to us and you can send it directly through our Support contact form.