Embedding Content into WordPress Sites
Embed rich content from YouTube, Twitter, and much more directly into your WordPress site.
Why is it so hard to embed content?
If you’ve ever tried to insert a video, audio clip, document, or tweet in a post or page on your website you may have ended up giving up in frustration.
WordPress provides a set of functionality called shortcodes that allow you to embed content directly into posts and pages.
The advantages of using shortcodes for content embedding include:
- No coding knowledge needed to include your content.
- Brings your posts and pages alive with video, audio, tweets, and more.
- Keeps visitors on your site rather than them having to leave your site to see other media.
Jetpack builds on WordPress shortcodes that so that you can insert content from a multitude of services seamlessly.
- Embed files or create objects that would normally require lots of complicated, ugly code in just one line.
- Video support for: DailyMotion, Flickr, TED, TwitchTV, Vimeo, Vine, and YouTube.
- Audio support for: MP3, SoundCloud, BandCamp, and MixCloud.
- Document support for: Presentations, Sribd, Instagram, SlideShare, Galleries, and Google Docs.
- Additional support for: Archives, Maps, CodePen, Facebook, Twitter, Medium, Pinterest, Recipes, and more.
Part of Jetpack’s suite of content creation tools for WordPress sites including content delivery, image tools, sidebar customization, and more.
Frequently Answered Questions
Answers to common questions we get asked. We’d be more than happy to answer any additional questions you may have!
How much do content embed tools cost?
Content embed tools are provided for free to all WordPress sites running Jetpack.
How do I turn it on?
Whatever sort of site you’re running, Jetpack’s features are designed to keep your site secure, elevate your brand, and engage with more readers better.
Don’t have Jetpack?
If you don’t currently have Jetpack install it now so you can begin taking advantage of our features. Installation is easy and free — you don’t need a paid subscription.