Jetpack’s Milestone Widget provides a simple way to create a countdown to or from a given date.
Adding the Milestone Widget
- To use this widget, you’ll first need to activate the Extra Sidebar Widgets feature.
- Navigate to Appearance → Customize → Widgets and search for Milestone (Jetpack), then click it to add the Milestone widget to any widget area.
- When you add the widget, you will find customization options for the display of the widget:
- Title (optional): This text appears above the widget.
- Description (optional): This text appears at the top of the widget.
- Date: Select the date you are counting to/from.
- Time (optional): Enter the time on the date you are counting down to.
- Time unit: Select if you want the widget to count automatically, year, month, day, or hour units.
- Milestone count: Select “Until your milestone” if you want the widget to count down to a specific date/time. Select “Since your milestone” if you want the widget to count from a specific date/time.
- Milestone Reached Message (optional): This text appears instead of a counter after reaching the milestone.
Customizing the Appearance
You can use the following HTML tags to format text in the widget settings text fields: