Thanks to the Publicize module, you can automatically publish each one of your blog posts to your Twitter account.
Connect your site to your Twitter account
To get started, log in to Twitter. Then, navigate to Jetpack → Settings → Sharing from your WordPress dashboard and click on ‘Connect your social media accounts’. This will take you to the connections page in your WordPress.com dashboard, and from here you can click the connect button next to the Twitter logo. To accept the connection, click on ‘Authorize App’.
You will then be asked to confirm the Twitter account that you’d like to connect with.
You’ll then be taken back to your dashboard and will see a success message and dialog. To make the Twitter connection available to all user’s of the blog, you can click on the downward arrow next to the Twitter option and select the profiles you’d like available to all administrators, editors and authors. What this means is that when any other Jetpack-connected user creates a post on this site, it will also publicize to this Twitter profile.
If the connection between Twitter and Jetpack gets disconnected for some reason, don’t worry, just follow these steps and you’ll be back on track again in no time.
- Log in to your site. Navigate to Jetpack → Settings → Sharing from your WordPress dashboard and click on ‘Connect your social media accounts’. This takes you to the connections page in your WordPress.com dashboard, and from here you can click the ‘Disconnect’ next to the link to the Twitter account you wish to disconnect.
- Confirm the Twitter link now says Share posts to your Twitter feed and you see a notification saying ‘The Twitter account was successfully disconnected’.
- Clear your browser’s cookies (this clears some cookies that Twitter sets which are often part of the problem).
- Visit your Applications page on Twitter and revoke access to the WordPress.com application.
- Log back into your site. Navigate to Jetpack → Settings → Sharing from your WordPress dashboard and follow these steps to reconnect.