It’s an exciting month for Jetpack! We released new individual Jetpack plugins for our most popular features so that you can build your own Jetpack based on your specific needs. We’re also shipping several under-the-hood improvements and bug fixes to make Jetpack work even better for you and your website.
Introducing Jetpack individual plugins
Jetpack’s individual plugins will give you the flexibility to use specific components of Jetpack as part of your own, custom-built “tech stack.”
- Jetpack Backup – Back up your site in real-time on Automattic’s secure cloud infrastructure.
- Jetpack Protect – Scan for vulnerabilities in WordPress core, themes, and plugins for free.
- Jetpack Boost – Improve your site speed and SEO for free in just a few clicks.
- Jetpack Social – Automatically share new posts and products on your social channels for free.
- Jetpack Search – Help your visitors find exactly what they’re looking for, faster.
- Jetpack CRM – Streamline communication, provide better customer service, and grow sales.
With Jetpack 11.0, we’ve improved the connection between the Jetpack plugin and these new individual plugins. From now on, it’s possible to deactivate Jetpack while staying connected to an individual plugin.
Compatibility and performance improvements
Jetpack 11 also includes:
- Improved performance of the Latest Instagram Posts Block with an added lazy load option
- Backend improvements in Payments Block to improve speed
- Additional Google Fonts to provide better flexibility
- VideoPress seekbar automatically changes color for a better video-watching experience
Check out our mobile app
The Jetpack mobile app brings essential Jetpack features to your Android or iOS device — it’s perfect for that moment you’re away from your desk and want to:
- Check your site stats
- Be notified when your site is down
- Review the activity log to find out who made a recent change
- Remove malware from your site
- Restore your site to a past state so you can get back online
Want to build something great?
Jetpack is more than the sum of its code — it is the collective work of an amazing group of designers, product experts, Happiness Engineers, and code wranglers at Automattic.
A big thank you to everyone who contributed to this release:
Adnan Haque, Adrian Moldovan, Alisa Owens, André Kallehauge, Anna McPhee, Antonio Sejas, Benedict Singer, Bogdan Ungureanu, Brad Jorsch, Brandon Kraft, Chris R, Damián Suárez, Daniel Post, Derek Smart, Diogo Alves, Dion Hulse, Dusty Reagan, Enej Bajgoric, Eric Binnion, Filipe Varela, Foteini Giannaropoulou, Igor Zinovyev, Ivan Ottinger, Jacopo Tomasone, Jared, Jason Moon, Jasper Kang, Jeremy Herve, John Caruso, Karen Attfield, Karthik Bhat, Kev, Kolja Zuelsdorf, Konstantin Obenland, Manzoor Wani, Marcelo Serpa, Marin Atanasov, Matthew Reishus, Miguel Torres, Miguel Xavier Penha Neto, Mike Stott, Nate Weller, Panos Kountanis, Paul Bunkham, Paulo Cruz, Pierre, Renato Augusto Gama dos Santos, Richard Ortiz, Samiff, Siddarthan Sarumathi Pandian, Steve D, Vishnu Gopal, Wojtek Naruniec, bindlegirl, brookewp, daledupreez, dkmyta, gavande1, leogermani, lukaszwilczakwilnet, mkm119, vykes-mac
Explore the benefits of Jetpack
Learn how Jetpack can help you protect, speed up, and grow your WordPress site.
Get up to 80% off your first year.Compare plans