Brute Force Attack Protection
Jetpack blocks unwanted login attempts from malicious botnets and distributed attacks.
Is my site under attack?
Brute force attacks are the most common form of hacking — and hackers don’t discriminate.
Using large networks of computers, bots try to gain access to your site by using different combinations of usernames and passwords until they find the right one.
Brute force attacks can:
- Slow down your site (or cause it to stop responding) because of repeated server requests.
- Allow unauthorized access to your site for hackers to modify your code or insert spammy links.
- Put your site content and data at risk.
Jetpack automatically blocks these attacks, protecting your WordPress site from unauthorized access. On average, Jetpack blocks 5,193 attacks over a site’s lifetime.
- Automatic blocking of malicious IPs before they reach your site.
- View a count of total attacks to your site on your dashboard.
- Whitelist known IP addresses to prevent false positives.
- Turn the feature on or off with one click from your dashboard.
Part of Jetpack’s suite of security services for WordPress sites including brute force protection, uptime monitoring, data backups, security scanning, and more.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are the answers to some common questions. And we’re always more than happy to answer any additional questions you may have.
How much does brute force protection cost?
Brute force protection is provided for free to all WordPress sites running Jetpack.
How do I turn it on?
Whatever sort of site you’re running, Jetpack’s features are designed to keep your site secure, build your brand, and better engage with more readers.
Don’t have Jetpack?
If you don’t currently have Jetpack, install it now so you can begin taking advantage of our features. Installation is easy and free -- you do not need a paid subscription.Install Jetpack
Still undecided about paid plans?
Visit our plans page and explore your options if you are still not sure. Keep in mind that you are guaranteed a full refund within 30 days if you are dissatisfied for any reason.Compare Plans