Jetpack includes state-of-the-art security tools that keep your site safe and sound, from posts to plugins.
Jetpack’s Security features include:
- Downtime Monitoring
- Plugin Updates
- Secure Sign On
- Security Scanning (paid)
- Backups (paid)
- Spam Protection (paid)
Are you blocked from accessing your dashboard? Use one of the three methods described here to unblock yourself.
Here are some resources to help get you started:
- Protect - Jetpack Protect allows you to protect yourself against traditional brute force attacks and distributed brute force attacks that use many servers against your site
- Security Scanning - Jetpack Premium and Professional plans include daily, automated security scanning and one-click threat resolution. On this page, you’ll learn about some of the more common threats that we look for and how to properly address them. Changes to Core WordPress Files We checks you WordPress installation to see if any core files have been changed […]
- Jetpack Backup - Jetpack Backups allow you to easily restore or download a backup from a specific moment in the past. It's like an "undo" button for your site.
- Troubleshooting issues with the Protect module - Are you unable to enable the Protect module on your site? Check these tips to find out why.
- Security - Jetpack includes state-of-the-art security tools that keep every bit of your site safe and sound.
- Security Features - Jetpack’s security features allow you to secure your self-hosted WordPress sites from a single dashboard on WordPress.com.
- WordPress.com Secure Sign On - Using the same log-in credentials you use for WordPress.com, you’ll now be able to register for and sign in to self-hosted WordPress.org sites quickly and securely.
- Downtime Monitoring - Jetpack Monitor will keep tabs on your site, and alert you the moment that downtime is detected.
Our paid subscriptions offer even more ways to protect and monitor your site — learn more here.
What else should I do to protect my sites?
It’s strongly recommended you back up your self-hosted sites using a tool such as VaultPress. Backups provide a recovery mechanism should a malicious file corrupt your site or become otherwise compromised.
Jetpack’s Plugin Updates feature makes it easy to keep your plugins up to date. By setting your plugins to auto-update, you help ensure any issues that may arise due to plugins with malicious code will not harm your site.
Keeping your plugins and themes updated is one of the most effective ways to keep your self-hosted WordPress sites secure. By using Jetpack’s Site Management tools, you can keep your plugins up to date from one easy control panel in WordPress.com. Learn more about Jetpack’s plugin updates»
Jetpack’s site monitoring feature will keep tabs on your site and alert you the moment downtime is detected. Monitoring uptime of your site can be an important tool in the security of your site. Learn more about Jetpack’s Monitor»