Downtime / Uptime Monitoring
Jetpack keeps tabs on your site and notifies you the moment downtime is detected.
Can visitors access my site?
Making sure your site is open for business is essential. You want to be secure in the knowledge that when someone types your site address into their browser or clicks on a link to your site, they will actually see what you’ve published.
If your site’s not accessible and performing the way that your visitors are accustomed to, you could lose customers and tarnish your brand’s credibility. This will increase your bounce rate and prevent customers from returning for any repeat visits.
Downtime happens for many reasons:
- A spike in traffic (usually resolved by increasing site bandwidth).
- A problem with your hosting provider (usually resolved by getting in touch with them or migrating your site to another host).
- Unauthorized site access by a hacker (usually resolved by restoring your site from a backup).
In many cases the problem is easily fixed — but before you can do that, you need to know that something’s amiss. Jetpack lets you know about downtime by regularly checking your site so you don’t have to.
By implementing an uptime monitoring solution with Jetpack, you can keep this vulnerable downtime to a minimum. Jetpack notifies you via email if it detects that your website is offline. So that you can begin resolving the problem by investigating any recent site changes or contacting your host provider.
If your business has a dedicated IT team, you can route these notification emails straight to them. This will allow you (or your IT team) to respond quickly and resolve the issue sooner.
- Jetpack’s uptime monitoring servers check your site every five minutes, from different locations around the globe.
- You’ll receive notifications by email when the site is down — and when its back online.
- You can customize the email address to which notifications are sent.
- Once your site is back online, you’ll see the total time it was down.
Part of Jetpack’s suite of security services for WordPress sites including brute force protection, uptime monitoring, data backups, security scanning, and more.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are the answers to some common questions. And we’re always more than happy to answer any additional questions you may have.
How much does uptime monitoring cost?
Downtime / uptime monitoring is provided for free to all WordPress sites running Jetpack.
How do I turn it on?
Whatever sort of site you’re running, Jetpack is designed to keep your site protected and blazing fast.
Don’t have Jetpack?
If you don’t currently have Jetpack, install it now so you can begin taking advantage of free features like our CDN, downtime monitoring, and brute force attack protection. Installation is totally free and just takes a few minutes.Install Jetpack
Still undecided about upgrading?
Visit our pricing page and check out how we can secure your site or help you better reach your audience. If you are dissatisfied for any reason, we offer full refunds within 14 days for yearly plans, and within 7 days for monthly plans.Compare Plans