Jetpack keeps tabs on your site and notifies you the moment downtime is detected.
Can visitors access my site?
Making sure your site is open for business is essential. You want to be always secure in the knowledge that when someone types your site address or follows a link to your site they will actually see what you’ve published.
Downtime can happen for many reasons:
- A spike in traffic (usually resolved by increasing site bandwidth).
- A problem with your hosting provider (you will need to get in touch with them or migrate your site).
- Unauthorized site access by a hacker (usually resolved by restoring your site from backup).
In many cases the problem is easily fixed but before you can do that, you need to know that something’s amiss. Jetpack will let you know of downtime by regularly checking your site so you don’t have to.
- Our servers check your site every five minutes from different locations around the globe.
- Receive notifications by email and/or on mobile when the site is down (and when its back online).
- Customize the email address to which notifications are sent.
- Once the site is back online, you will see the total time it was down for.
Part of Jetpack’s suite of security services for WordPress sites including brute force protection, uptime monitoring, data backups, security scanning, and more.
Frequently Answered Questions
Answers to common questions we get asked. We’d be more than happy to answer any additional questions you may have!
How much does downtime monitoring cost?
Downtime monitoring is provided for free to all WordPress sites running Jetpack.
How do I turn it on?
Whatever sort of site you’re running, Jetpack’s features are designed to keep your site secure, elevate your brand, and engage with more readers better.
Don’t have Jetpack?
If you don’t currently have Jetpack install it now so you can begin taking advantage of our features. Installation is easy and free — you don’t need a paid subscription.