WordPress Site Backups
Keep a secure copy of all your content, data, media, and WordPress settings.
Why do I need a backup?
“Doesn’t my host already keep a copy of my site?” Most likely, yes (if they don’t, we strongly recommend switching to a host that does!).
But your site is important to you, your organization, your brand, or your revenue — you can never be too safe, and having more than one layer of backup is the smart thing to do.
Accidents happen to the best of us:
- Hosting companies experience outages, or can themselves be victims of malicious attacks.
- Accidental errors or rogue employees might delete site files.
- Unauthorized access, hacking, or malware could take down your site.
Having a “spare key” for your site is invaluable. Hopefully, you never need your Jetpack backup — but if something does go wrong, you can rest assured that Jetpack has a complete copy of your site in a secure, off-site, third-party location.
- Automatic daily or real-time backups of your entire site, with unlimited storage space.
- A 30-day or unlimited archive of your entire backup history.
- A backup service provided by the people who back up tens of millions of sites on WordPress.com.
- Expert, priority support by our Happiness Engineering team to help you get back up and running if you need to restore a backup.
- Secure, off-site storage locations for your data, completely separate from your hosting provider.
- The ability to restore or migrate your site from a previous backup.
Part of Jetpack’s suite of security services for WordPress sites including brute force protection, uptime monitoring, data backups, security scanning, and more.
Frequently Answered Questions
Answers to common questions we get asked. We’d be more than happy to answer any additional questions you may have!
How much do site backups cost?
Site backups are provided as part of Jetpack paid plans starting from $3.50 per month (or just $39 annually). Compare and choose a plan from our pricing page.
If for any reason you’re not satisfied we will issue a full refund within thirty days. No questions asked.
How do I turn it on?
Whatever sort of site you’re running, Jetpack’s features are designed to keep your site secure, build your brand, and better engage with more readers.
Don’t have Jetpack?
If you don’t currently have Jetpack, install it now so you can begin taking advantage of our features. Installation is easy and free -- you do not need a paid subscription.Install Jetpack
Still undecided about paid plans?
Visit our plans page and explore your options if you are still not sure. Keep in mind that you are guaranteed a full refund within 30 days if you are dissatisfied for any reason.Compare Plans