The Jetpack Stats Insights view will be helpful in identifying patterns and trends so that you better understand your data.
On the Insights view, you can find quick yearly reviews, all-time highlights, an overview of your posting activity, and all-time insights.
To access this view:
- Go to your site’s WP Admin.
- Then, go to Jetpack → Stats.
- Click Insights.
Year in Review
This section provides a quick overview of the total number of posts, words, likes, and comments recorded throughout the year. You can also see your total number of WordPress.com subscribers for the current year.
You can navigate through years with the arrows in the top-right corner.
To view and compare the yearly average figures click View all annual insights. This will give you access to a table that displays each year’s aggregated totals in terms of posts, comments, likes, and words, along with their corresponding averages such as comments per post, likes per post, and words per post.
In this section, data is split into 4 separate blocks:
- All-time stats: In the All-time stats section, you will find the total number of views, visitors, posts, and comments. These are the total numbers since the creation of your site for posts and comments, or the moment when Jetpack stats were activated for views and visitors.
- Most popular time: In the Most popular time section, you will discover both your Best day and Best hour. We evaluate results for each weekday and identify the one during which your page views are typically at their highest. Additionally, we analyze the data on an hourly basis to determine the most active time of day. You can use these insights to schedule your new content to reach the largest possible audience.
- Best views ever: The Best views ever section reveals the day that your website had the highest traffic, the highest number of views, and the percentage of total views it represents.
- Latest post: The Latest post section provides a quick overview of the total number of views, likes and comments received by the latest post published on your site. If you click the post title, you will access more details, such as a chart view over different period lengths and a table cumulating totals and per-day averages calculated monthly and yearly.
This section gives you a quick graphical overview of the posting frequency on your site over time. This can help you recognize patterns in your posting behavior. You can evaluate disparities between weekday and weekend posting habits or how your posting activity fluctuates month-by-month.
The All-time insights section provides separate sections for different types of data, including Total views, Tags & categories, Comments, Subscribers, and Number of subscribers.
The Total views table shows monthly figures since the activation of Jetpack stats. This block is designed to help you identify more active months, reflected in darker background colors.
Moreover, you can quickly switch between the total monthly numbers (Months and years) and the daily averages recorded per month (Average per day).
Tags & categories
In this section, you can find a list of the per-category or per-tag pages that received the highest number of views, along with the respective total view counts.
In this section, you can find a list of your most commented authors, along with the total count of comments they received.
Additionally, there’s an option to switch to the By posts & pages view, where you can find the most commented publications and their respective comment counts.
Subscribers and Number of Subscribers
The Subscribers block lists your most recent subscribers. You can easily switch between your subscribers on WordPress.com and those subscribed to your email list.
In the Number of Subscribers section, you’ll get a glimpse of the total number of users subscribed via WordPress.com, email or social media. If you have linked your website to your social media accounts (including Facebook, LinkedIn, or Tumblr), Jetpack will automatically fetch the number of followers you have for each of the connected networks and display them here. To connect to social media networks, you can refer to this guide.
Still need help?
Please contact support directly. We’re happy to lend a hand and answer any other questions that you may have.