Automatic Plugin Updates
Choose which WordPress plugins you want to keep automatically updated.
Should I keep my WordPress plugins up-to-date?
If you have a WordPress site its very likely you have one or more plugins installed (hopefully Jetpack is one of them!).
Keeping plugins updated to the latest version is considered a best practice as developers will update their plugins to do away with bugs and any security loopholes they may have discovered since the last release.
Outdated plugins can affect your site in the following ways:
- Hackers can take advantage of known loopholes in outdated plugins.
- You miss out on new features, performance improvements, and bug fixes.
- There is a higher risk of conflict with other plugins you may be using.
With Jetpack installed its easy to choose which plugins (including Jetpack itself) you want to keep automatically updated without having to manually do so each time a new version is released.
- Turn auto-updates on or off with one click.
- Choose to turn on auto-updates on a per-site basis or for all of your WordPress sites in bulk.
- Install, activate, de-activate, or delete plugins across multiple sites in bulk.
- Receive notifications when an update is available, when an update has been successful, or when an update has failed.
Part of Jetpack’s suite of security services for WordPress sites including brute force protection, uptime monitoring, data backups, security scanning, and more.
Frequently Answered Questions
Answers to common questions we get asked. We’d be more than happy to answer any additional questions you may have!
How much do automatic plugin updates cost?
Automatic plugin updates are provided for free to all WordPress sites running Jetpack.
How do I turn it on?
Whatever sort of site you’re running, Jetpack’s features are designed to keep your site secure, elevate your brand, and engage with more readers better.
Don’t have Jetpack?
If you don’t currently have Jetpack install it now so you can begin taking advantage of our features. Installation is easy and free — you don’t need a paid subscription.