Site Restores and Migrations
Restore your site from a backup or migrate it to a new host.
How do I restore my site?
Taking backups of your WordPress site content and data is one thing. But if something goes wrong, the real value lies in being able to use the backup to restore your site to its former glory (or migrate it to a brand new, trouble-free host).
While it’s possible to rely on manual backups and restoration, that approach tends to suffer from some inefficiencies:
- It’s time-consuming and requires “babysitting” on your end.
- You could need professional (paid) help from a developer or agency.
- Manual work is always more error-prone, especially if you’re not an expert. A single corrupted or misplaced file in a backup can lead to severe glitches — even complete site failure — if you use it to perform a WordPress restore in the future.
- You’ll need to diligently and regularly take backups of your site.
Jetpack’s site restoration or migration services from backup can be initiated with one click (really!). And best of all, most cases require no expert developer intervention.
If your website goes down for any reason, Jetpack will alert you, and you’ll be able to perform a WordPress restore in one click from your dashboard. You can be your own hero and act quickly without having to call a developer.
- Restore your site with one click, from any of your backup archives.
- Choose whether to restore the entire site or just the database, themes, plugins, or content.
- Restore manually from a backup should you need to (or just prefer it).
- Restore to a new site or migrate to a new host.
- Get priority, expert support from our Happiness Engineering team if you need help.
Part of Jetpack’s suite of security services for WordPress sites including brute force protection, uptime monitoring, data backups, security scanning, and more.
Frequently Answered Questions
Answers to common questions we get asked. We’d be more than happy to answer any additional questions you may have!
Can I restore even if my site is down or has a fatal error?
Yes! Because Jetpack’s WordPress restore system operates separately from the Jetpack plugin itself, you can still restore to a prior event even when your site is down.
Will restoring delete files from my server?
No. When we restore your site, we don’t delete files. Files with the same name will be overwritten, but uniquely-named files are not removed. We only delete our helper files, which we add to the site during the WordPress restore process.
However, it is important to note that your site’s database is completely replaced with the database from the backup you’re restoring from. So, any posts or pages you’ve added since the date of the WordPress restore point would be lost.
Can I restore to a particular day?
Yes! Using the Backup page, you can perform a WordPress restore to any particular day you want.
If for any reason you’re not satisfied we will issue a full refund within thirty days. No questions asked.
How do I turn it on?
Whatever sort of site you’re running, Jetpack’s features are designed to keep your site secure, build your brand, and better engage with more readers.
Don’t have Jetpack?
If you don’t currently have Jetpack, install it now so you can begin taking advantage of our features. Installation is easy and free -- you do not need a paid subscription.Install Jetpack
Still undecided about paid plans?
Visit our plans page and explore your options if you are still not sure. Keep in mind that you are guaranteed a full refund within 30 days if you are dissatisfied for any reason.Compare Plans