The Top Posts & Pages Widget allows you to display either your most liked posts or up to ten posts that have received the most traffic in the past 48 hours.
Adding the Top Posts and Pages Widget
- To use this widget, you’ll first need to activate the Extra Sidebar Widgets feature.
- Navigate to Appearance → Customize → Widgets and search for “Top Posts & Pages”, then click to add it to any widget area.
Customize the Widget
In addition to the options available in the widget options, you can use filters to customize the look of the widget on your site:
- Learn how to filter the number of days used to calculate Top Posts
- Add data before or after each post in the widget
- Change the size of the thumbnails in the Top Posts Widget.
Display the Widget Anywhere On Your Site
You can use the
jetpack_top_posts_widget shortcode in posts and pages. You can also add that shortcode directly to your theme template files, like so:
echo do_shortcode( '[jetpack_top_posts_widget]' );
Why isn’t my Top Post Widget updating?
The lack of updates to the Top Posts Widget may be related to an expired transient on your site not being deleted as it should be. Try installing the Transients Manager plugin. Once installed, search for any transient that starts with
jetpack_restapi_stats_cache_ followed by a random string of characters. After locating it, please delete it and re-check your Top Post Widget. Please note that this is a third-party plugin. Since we are not the developers/owners, we cannot troubleshoot it, nor are we responsible for updating it.