With Jetpack’s backups, you can restore your site to a particular point in time — to a specific day or prior to a specific event, change, or issue that you may have encountered — with a single click of a button.
This feature is only available on Jetpack sites with a paid plan.
Rewind your site to a particular event
- Open your Activity.
- Scroll down or use filters to find the event you’d like to rewind to
- Click the ellipsis (three dots) icon, then click Rewind to this point to open the Rewind Site dialog box.
- Click Confirm Rewind.
- Your site will begin to restore to the specific point in time you have selected. At the top of the Activity page, you can follow the progress of the restore.
- When the restore has completed, you’ll see a confirmation message.
- Click the View Site button to see your site restored to the event that you selected.
Download a backup
- Open your Activity.
- Scroll down or use filters to find the event that you’d like to use, then click the ellipsis (three dots) icon, and choose Download backup.
- On the Create downloadable backup page, click Create download.
- At the top of the Activity page, you can follow the progress of the download creation.
- When it has completed, you’ll see a confirmation message. You can use the Download button to download the backup.
You will also receive email updates on the progress of your restore. For backups, you will receive an email with a link that you can use to download the backup.
The most recent 1,000 events are displayed in your site’s Activity. Jetpack cannot restore your site to an event that does not appear in the Activity and only certain events can be used as a restore point. Applicable events will have the Rewind option listed.
Can I restore even if my site is down or has a fatal error?
Yes! Because Jetpack’s restore system operates separately from the Jetpack plugin itself, you can still rewind to a prior event even when your site is down. Important: if your site is down, you’ll see “This site cannot be accessed” in WordPress.com. DO NOT click the Disconnect link there, or you will not be able to access your site’s Activity, and so will not be able to perform a restore.
Have questions? Feel free to contact support for more personalized assistance.