The WordPress.com Toolbar module replaces the default admin bar and offers quick links to the Reader, all your sites, your WordPress.com profile, and notifications.
The toolbar can be activated by switching on “Enable the WordPress.com toolbar” at Jetpack > Settings in your site’s Dashboard.
Here’s more details about each menu in the Toolbar:
- My Site (or My Sites) will take you to the Stats page, and main menu for your primary site. From there you can create posts, pages, manage settings, and switch to the same options for your other sites, if you have more than one.
- Reader takes you to the WordPress.com Reader where you can see the latest posts from any sites that you follow, browse topics (tags), or peruse Discover.
- Write will start a new post in the WordPress.com editor.
- Profile will give you a dropdown menu with all the options on the My Profile dashboard page, including Sign Out, Account Settings, Manage Purchases and Security.
- Notifications will open a dropdown that displays your latest notifications, including recent likes and comments.