Social media has changed the way we communicate, the way we network and certainly, the way we interact and share online.
Sharing your content, images and stories on social media can help take your blog or website to new heights. Jetpack understands this and we’ve developed several useful features to help keep your social media game strong.
Check out five of our favorite must-enable social media features.
- Social Media Icons: Make it easy for your readers to find you on social media with Social Media Icons. This feature allows you to add icons for the social media sites you use to your sidebar or other widget area on your website. Currently, you can add usernames for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, GitHub, YouTube, Vimeo, and Google+.
- Publicize: After you publish a blog post, your job is not quite over. Now, you need to make sure people actually read the content you’ve written! Publicize helps you save time by sharing your site’s posts on several social media networks automatically when you publish a new post. The feature is easily customizable: you can pick and choose which social networks to share to, as well as write custom messages to promote your post.
- Sharing: Now that you’ve shared your own content on social media, let your readers and fans do a little bit of the legwork too. When you enable Sharing, you give your readers the option to share your post to a number of social media sites including Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Google+, Pinterest, Skype, Reddit, Pocket, Email, LinkedIn, WhatsApp and more. By default, the social buttons appear at the bottom of a post or page, but you can configure the plugin to move the buttons elsewhere.
- Likes: Social proof is super important. When a new blog reader sees that a post has received some Likes, they may be more likely to read it. Enabling the Likes feature lets your blog readers to show a little bit of love for your post with a Like.
- Extra Sidebar Widgets: Social media icons not enough for you? With Extra Sidebar Widgets, you can add separate widgets for Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and more. This way, your readers can see short snippets of your recent posts, hopefully enticing them to click over and become a new follower!
Looking for even more social media features? We’ve got lots more for you to discover!
Tell us your favorite Jetpack social media features! Share your tips and tricks in the comments below.
Explore the benefits of Jetpack
Learn how Jetpack can help you protect, speed up, and grow your WordPress site.
Get up to 50% off your first year.Compare plans
Jetpack gets better and better!
You made our day, Clive!
Except Google+ only posts private in Publize which doesn’t help getting the post indexed in the search engine. They have to be posted public. Google+ made some changes. You can no longer go and look at the apps and adjust it to “public”. I did that once and they changed it back again. I don’t know what you can do about it from your end.
We’ve worked with Google+ to fix this issue, and you can now reconnect Jetpack to your Google+ account by following the steps here. Once you do so, your future Google+ Posts will be public!