The service is currently offered in beta testing mode, and as stated above only supports assets shipped with WordPress, and Jetpack. All other assets will still be server from your server.
If you plan to use it on your site, please proceed with caution. We don’t yet recommend using it on a production site. To activate the asset CDN:
- In your blog’s dashboard, go to Jetpack → Settings -> Debug (in the footer) -> Access the full list of Jetpack modules available on your site..
- Enable the Asset CDN module.
- You’re done! Your assets will now be served dynamically.
How the CDN Works
- The CDN filters URLs of assets that are loaded with every WordPress page.
- The CDN currently only acts on assets shipped with Jetpack and WordPress releases. Theme and other plugin assets are not supported at this time.
The asset CDN is only allowed to be used by Jetpack-connected WordPress sites. If you disconnect Jetpack from your site, please also switch to another asset service, or host them on your server. Abuse of Jetpack or violation of the WordPress.com Terms of Service could result in suspension of your site from WordPress.com-connected services.
This feature is deactivated by default. If you ever need to deactivate this feature, you can toggle the Asset CDN setting in the full list of modules in your dashboard.