We now have a tool that you can use to migrate your users who have subscribed to your WordPress.com site either by email or via the WordPress.com Reader to your Jetpack-connected self-hosted WordPress site. Click here for instructions.
Moving from a WordPress.com or self-hosted Jetpack site to another WordPress.com or Jetpack site but don’t want to lose all your email subscribers and followers? You can ask us to transfer your followers for you!
If the above Subscriber Migration Tool will not work for you, Jetpack Support Staff will be able to do this for you. You can help expedite that process by giving us the following information when you contact us:
- Install and activate Jetpack. Then connect Jetpack to your WordPress.com account.
- The URL of the WordPress.com/Jetpack site where your followers and subscribers are now. If you use a custom domain, we need the dashboard URL of your site (e.g. “example.wordpress.com” instead of “example.com”).
- The URL of your new self-hosted Jetpack/WordPress.com site.
In addition, the request needs to come from the email address connected to the WordPress.com account that currently has the followers/subscribers. Once we get that information from you, we will verify your Jetpack connection and transfer your followers and subscribers over to your new site.
- If more than one site’s subscribers are transferred into one new site, we do not offer a way to separate the followers if they are merged in error.
- Likes are not able to be transferred.