You can transfer ownership of your Jetpack connection and/or your Jetpack Plan to any other connected admin user on your site.
- Site owners are users who have connected Jetpack to WordPress.com.
- Plan purchasers are users who purchased a paid plan for the site.
Generally, it is best that these are the same person. It is possible, though, for them to differ. For example, a developer may be the Site owner, because they set up the website and connected Jetpack to WordPress.com and their client may be the Plan purchaser, who used their connected WordPress.com account and billing information to purchase the plan for the site.
Before you begin, be sure that the new owner has connected their wp-admin Administrator-level account to Jetpack with their WordPress.com account.
Changing the Site Owner and Plan Purchaser
To change the Site owner and/or Plan purchaser for your site:
- Log in to your WordPress.com account and go to My Sites.
- Select the site you want to change, and go to Settings.
- Scroll down and click on Manage Your Connection.
- Under Site Ownership, you’ll see the Site Owner and Plan Purchaser.
- In the drop-down list, select the user to which you’d like to transfer the site ownership and / or plan ownership.
- Select a user to become the new Site Owner and/or Plan Purchaser, and click the confirmation button to complete the transfer.
Once you’ve transferred Site Owner and/or Plan Purchaser, you won’t be able to change them back again, only the new owner will be able to change them.
Note: If you change the Plan Purchaser, the new Plan Purchaser will need to add payment details in order to enable automatic renewal of the plan. They will receive an email prompting them to add new payment details.
I don’t see a dropdown to choose a new owner.
In order to change the Site owner or Plan Purchaser:
- The new user must have an administrator account on your site
- They must have connected their administrator account to their WordPress.com account
If you are having trouble transferring ownership, feel free to contact us.